Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:42:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
462 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 462
Total: 462

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Here...

Started by linuxx, January 23, 2013, 02:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linuxx

...but not new to aviation.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Oliver J.

I've been a flight simulation enthusiast for over a decade. The bug, however, really stung me when I got a chance to "fly" a real certified full motion flight simulator back in 2005. This came to be, because I worked for an airline at the time that ran its own pilot training facilities. From then on I started collecting data on everything that has to do with flight simulation, and I've wanted to build my own machine ever since. Also I very much like the idea of "open source", so I decided to give back to the public as much of my personal achievements as I can. Therefore I started designing a 737 cockpit shell a few months ago, using 3D CAD. When I started, I was working for an MRO (aircraft maintenance provider), which went down the drain. Therefore I changed jobs and went back to the roots to work for an airline again. During my MRO years, I had the opportunity to be around real 737's now and then (although our main business was A320's and smaller aircraft). That is when the idea came up... I tripped over this place here, when I was seeking for some helpful information regarding my project (details will be posted under the corresponding forum topic).

Looking forward to a good time in the cockpitbuilders.com forum!

Oliver J.
Oliver J.
Basle, Switzerland

jackpilot

Welcome aboard Oliver

You will get all kind of info and help here to build your airplane. Just ask..
Jack

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate