Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
113 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Caveat Emptor - X-Plane.org store

Started by XOrionFE, October 19, 2019, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Caveat Emptor - XPlane.org Store...
Be very careful buying from the org store. They advertise products that are out of date alongside the modern versions. When you inadvertently buy the wrong version like I recently did unfortunately....they refuse to refund your money or offer a credit or upgrade to the new version. In my case Carenado just came out with a newer version of the CT182T with full PBR and Fmod for XP11. I always buy from the org store so went on and bought what I thought was the new version. Alas, once downloaded and installed I realized something was wrong and on further investigation realized it was an older version from 2016 that had been ported to xp11 from xp10. I complained to customer sevice and requested a refund immediately after discovering this. They denied it claiming what I bought should work fine with XP11 which was totally beside the point. I went ahead and purchased the new version direct from Carenado. A week later...the Org store puts up the new version for sale on their site...and buyer beware...they have also left the old version on the site as well as of today Oct 20 both are up there for sale at same price......and they still denied me a refund despite having bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of orders in the past.
very small thinking in my book...again...Caveat Emptor

Scott

kurt-olsson

I hate XPlane.org and everything with it. Ugly site, crappy login, crappy service.

The same as Whitney Houstons comeback in 2008;
Utter Rubbish!

Vincent T.

It's not just xplane.org, but I've seen it happen many a time on other sites for FSX related stuff, and most lately the P3D versions. You got to carefully look and see the P3D says version 4.x, because most sell saying "works on FSX and P3D" and fineprint shows P3D versions 2 & 3, the 32 bit versions etc.

Online sales are considered final, but I find that ridiculous as online items still require the internet to activate.. so if I buy an item, to keep it running, I need to be connected to the internet. So if a key is declared 'refund' or 'returned' can't they just check and say ... sorry, instead of not offering refunds at all.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate