Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:04:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
154 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prosim anyone, and if so - how?

Started by Erlend, May 07, 2013, 05:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erlend

I'm experimenting a little with some hardware and software.

Have Prosim737 server installed on XPlane PC as well as prosim and Xpuipc plugin in Xplane and x737 aircraft (without plugin).
Have several other computers, one with an old FDS 2.0 MCP along with Prosim MCP, an other With prosim panel and dislplay and DCU. All are running XwideClient as well.

Now, every prosim module seems to communicate well, but the Prosim MCP does report an error on communication with flightsim.

Have anyone a working setup with prosim/xplane, and if so, how are things connected?

Does the MCP and other hardware have to be direct connected to the flightsim PC?

Is there any more tweaking to to with x737 other then removing the plugin?

::) Erlend

blueskydriver

Hi Eriend,

When you say FDS 2.0 MCP, which card is connected to it? Is it the G2 card? If so, the guys at ProSim made a special software driver for the G2 last year. You need to email them about that driver and X-plane. It works in ProSim directly, but it was for FSX. Then again, it just might work right away in XP since it is only tied within ProSim...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

Erlend,

I will save you the trouble.   Prosim DOES NOT work with X-Plane yet.    You can get some interfacing to work using their beta plugin and xpuipc but autopilot functionality will not work.     If you look on their forum under the X-Plane topic you can read about it.   They are not ready for X-Plane yet.    Currently the only 737 software suite that works with X-Plane for our purposes is Sim-Avionics.    My suggestion if you own Prosim would be to stick with FSX or Prepar3d for now but keep checking back with them as eventually I am sure they will have it worked out.    Prosim is an excellent platform and so is X-Plane so that would be nice combo.   If you do not own Prosim yet and really like X-Plane then you should consider Sim-Avionics.  I have both so I have been able to extensively test both.

Hope that helps you avoid wasted time.

Scott

Erlend

Thanks all for Your respons.
As a new member of a team running/supporting an old 737-200 cockpit converted to NG, I can now never go back to a desktop sim again.... :( , so then it has to be cockpit building for me in the future.

We just changed sw on our 737 (fx9) from PM to Prosim, and that was a new and better world. So Prosim is highly wanted. And I changed to X-Plane many years ago, so X-Plane it is, for me personally.

So i Guess i'll have to wait then.... ::) But thats ok. I'm in no hurry. Time will work for me, while collecting parts I need.
Have been recomended to use CPFlight, as that will simplify connecting all tohether. Does anyone have other preferrences? I have  borrowed a FDS MCP With G-2 card to Experiment With, and that HW seems to be ok, but I guess all FDS units needs to connect to USB ports directly.

Scott, I'm aware of deficient X-Plane support in prosim, but figured some of you had overcome some of the issues. I was not aware of Sim-Avionics. So maybe I should check out that SW as well in my search for parts.

best, Erlend

rhysb

Erlend,

You say you have PM yes? This works 100%with xplane. PM and xpuipc work fine so I suggest that if you want to go xplane is that you dig out yourPM licenses!

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate