Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:32:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
63 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 63
Total: 63

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

CONGRATULATIONS

Started by Sam Llorca, February 17, 2015, 01:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Llorca

We would like to congratulate the team from Motion for Simulators for an outstanding job done on our full motion simulator,  a new motion software was installed and fine tuned by Marnix and Xavier, now is the time to extend our gratitude for great customer support and dedication.

Job well done guys!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PR9AORgzsU&list=UUsJonroT-xjU1NJhrHca6Xg

Trevor Hale

Fantastic News Sam. Credit where Credit is due and I am very glad you managed to get that sorted out.

Thanks for the support guys! Well Done!
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Sam Llorca

THANK YOU TREVOR, VERY HAPPY!!!

RayS

That looks MUCH smoother than the old configuration!

Glad to know you've got it all worked out now!
Ray Sotkiewicz

Sam Llorca

Hi Ray,

Yes is way smoother and the response is more precise, the old configuration was based on a two way communications basis clogging the com traffic and disconnecting for a brief second, now is one way from the unit to PC, don't ask me how it works, but that's what I was told, also the IP on the main computer had to be changed to a odd number, I had .20 before and now is .11, go figure but all the issues was related to the IP and the communication setup, with a new software and an updated config file it works like a dream, there is a few other bugs to fix but minors, like on initial connect you feel it and on disconnect too but they are working on an update to correct it.

Cheers,

jackpilot

Good for you Sam
If I remember well,  Marnix and Xavier did the original setup.
Is it their new software or are they with a new company?
In any case, well done.
Cheers
Jack

Jack

Sam Llorca

Hi Jack,
Yes, they were with us at FDS and  did the initial setup, still the same company, doing better than ever and they have improved their motion software big time, I was impressed.

When I added the instructor station, the initial set up started to malfunction and it's been a roller coaster ride since then, something to do with the back been too heavy, back in January 2014 I unbolted  the cockpit from the platform and realign the CG To distribute the weight evenly, after that the platform worked good again but it had intermittent connection issues.

Last November I  mention  it to Marnix and he offered to come over in February and install their new software and tweak it, to my surprise they not only installed the new software, they also redesigned the way it communicates with the main PC, the results are spectacular.

Cheers.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate