Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
122 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

I haven't properly introduced myself.

Started by Steenos, March 19, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steenos

My name is Justin. I'm an Air Traffic Controller as well as an instrument rated pilot. Long time FSX user but recently switched to XPlane 11 zibo mod 737. I also spent some time on vatsim when I was in college.

I'm building an opencockpits 737NG overhead at the moment with arduinos. This community has been a great help. About 3/4 done. I'm trying to decide if I should do FDS Shell or FDS MIP next. But with the possibility of moving in the next year I may not be able to proceed for a while.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Take it easy.

blueskydriver

Hi Justin,

Good to see you posting and even though you've been here a while, Welcome to Cockpit Builders!

Regarding your project, I suggest you go with the FDS MIP first because it's easy to move later on, plus you'll spend more time flying this way, and then when your ready for the FDS Shell it'll be easier for you to set it up based on how you see things already.

Warren (pretty sure it's you) would be the first to talk about assembly, disassembly, reassembly of the FDS Shell. Not that it's hard, but it can be very frustrating when things do not fit right the second time or you lose parts...lol!

Coming from two real, one wood/fiberglass and now a FDS Shell myself, they're a bit** to move. Jason just had his first experience with buying the wood/fiberglass one, as he had to load here, unload there and set it up in his basement...GO JASON! Mine was in the garage up and running for 5 years and then Karen and I tore it down and put it in the shed/hangar...2 years later and still not back together.  :huh:

Anyway, I did/had planned to do it your way to begin with. I got all the FDS items (MIP, FWD Overhead, and so on), and then planned to get the FDS Shell; however, I fell for the real cockpit shells...for awhile. Now, 10 years later, I have the FDS Shell setting in the boxes still waiting for the space to be setup. The irony of all this is, if you have a plan stick with it in this hobby no matter what.

When you go off in La La Land the song is not as pretty, so too speak! You wind up going through 2-3-4 simulators all before you find out that somehow you got back to where you started. A majority of old timers, myself included, while attest to this and tell you exactly the same thing, as well as tell anyone to have lots and I mean lots of patience.

Then again, you being an Air Traffic Controller as well as an instrument rated pilot, I think I am singing to the choir on the patience bit. You likely have more of it then all the CB members put together...uh, well maybe not Jack...now there is patient man...1 inch gauge, right Jack?!...lol!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Steenos

blueskydriver

oops...typo above...I meant will attest...
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Yep...as they say here in my "neck of the woods"...cant rush it,  those things take time   :D
A few Light Years between those two shots

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate