Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 07:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
49 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 54
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My new 146 simulator platform

Started by Mach7, May 18, 2021, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Hello everyone,

Just switched my 146 sim platform from a generic to a payware Quality Wings program and couldn't be more delighted.

I had bought the QW146 program some time ago but could never integrate it into my system, that is to say I could never remove the instruments with FS Panel studio to expand and move them to a bitmap for my flight instrument displays as the software protection would not allow one to do that, however...after revisiting that issue, I finally found a way modify the gauges and move them around to fit my panel cutouts by utilising the existing instrument panel as my bitmap which allowed me to work within those parameters.

A number of advantages have also surfaced using this program as I now have access to all the chimes and tones associated with the real aircraft, so when I shut down an engine and the oil pressure drops off, the triple chime automatically sounds, and when I disconnect the autopilot the real audio tone is heard as opposed to a generic disconnect.

Although some of the features of my Virtual Avionics MCP do not function with the program, the MCP still works well enough to get by with a few autopilot issues that I am in the process of trying to figure out.

The old generic freeware program has always been a disappointment to me as it was not even close to the modelling of the real aircraft, whereas the Quality Wings program is as close as you are going to get to the real thing....and I should know because I have over 23 years of flying experience in the real 146.

The only draw back is there product support....if you think this forum is quiet you can hear crickets on the QW support forum.

The simulator is now an actual "joy" to fly. here are some video's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHtbfsc1PW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To62_8W49U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SF8HiPWoy0

jackpilot

Superb sim
Why is the EGT drum so noisy (IRL too ?)
Jack.

Jack

Mach7

Hello Jackpilot...the noise is from the internal mechanical mechanisms inside of the gauge.

sagrada737

Congratulations on your Sim Project.  I watched all three of your videos...   Nice work!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate