Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:50:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
54 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Korry indicators

Started by kattz, May 28, 2021, 08:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattz

Does anyone happen to know if the 747 version of the annunciator is the same as used in the 737? They look the same...

Thanks

Kev

kurt-olsson

I asked this question before to oncealoft and got the answer that its not the same. I was also thinking of buying cheap 747 korrys and convert.

I am not 100% sure though.

kattz

Just bought 20 of them. I'll let you know!

bernard S

Garys

It depends. Korry 318 or 434?

bernard S

mickc

They are different, I have been down that road

kattz

They look like 318's but aren't. But if the fit is similar, maybe they can be made to work...?

jetpilot

Hi guys,
They are not the same.
Physically have the same size, but 737, when pushed, is test function, 747 when pushed, opens for bulbs change
Roberto

kattz

Anyone know how to have or personally do a refinish on a Korry indicator? In other words, buy one that says something else, repaint it and have it re-engraved to read what you want. If you do, please let me know. I now have enough 318s to finish my cockpit but about 20 need to be re-engraved.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Kevin

jetpilot

Kevin,
I carefully removed the korry faces (Front lettering), without damaging the filter behind, and bought the faces with the correct reading from one of the vendors that produce simulated Korries. 
Roberto

kattz

Thanks, Roberto. It was an idea that I had as well. How did it end up looking?

Thanks

Kevin

jetpilot

I bought the legends from FDS. So, you can not tell the difference with the real ones. It was like 8 years ago, so I do not know if FDS sells that kind of part (It was a special request to Peter).
I still have my 737 in boxes (After moving several times). as soon as I take them out of the box I will post some pictures
Roberto

kattz

Well, that makes life interesting. I went downstairs as best I could a while ago to check over all of my legend plates to take up the suggestion.

My mother-in-law brought over her great grandkids while I was in the hospital. And because they weren't supervised by anybody downstairs they went through all the sim stuff and there's stuff everywhere.

I had all of the FDS annunciators for the overhead, and now it looks like I'm missing three panels of placard's that were in little plastic bags. I wrote to FDS and see if they would price them out.

kurt-olsson

Let me know how the conversiob goes and post lots of pictures. I have about 10 Korry 318 that has wrong legend that i need to convert. :)

kattz

Will do. I did take one annunciator apart last night and it was very easy to do with just my thumbnail, the legend plate just pops off. So now I'm working with an aircraft instrument refinisher to see if they can be re-silkscreened and re-engraved. I might also go Roberto's route but that depends on whether not I can get my missing placard's that the kids must've  ran off with from FDS.From the looks of it I'm missing four little bags of placards.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate