Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
124 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Painting Screen vs. Screen Projection Material

Started by dudoru, October 06, 2019, 11:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudoru

any experience with screen material like e.g. carls place flexi-white vs. painting the projection screen by yourself ? any difference in result ?

blueskydriver

Go with Carl's Place screens, don't spend time painting it, as they're great right out of the box. Search the site here and you'll see many of us use these screens...including myself. Also, send an email or call Carl's Place, they're very helpful.

By the way, will you please add your location to the Avatar area, that way others near you, who have screens like this, will offer you to come visit. Or, reach out to builders near you with any type of projection setup, then ask them for a visit. Just about every member here would be happy to have visitors...it's like having a great family member visit; especially, since Cockpit Builders website is one big family!

Kind Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

heres the kicker..both have their advantages and disadvantages i have used both
.however i do not use either for my out the window view I use for tower view

if you have a spare set of hands to help you all fine and dandy but note with screen its only as good as surface it is being applied too...get a  crease and its game over so consider how you are going to fix it... depending on light in room white may not be way to go chat to carl

as for painting ..emm  yiu need screen goo   thats is what it is called and its expensive.. what ever you do do not roll it on ..spray each coat on 30 psi and dilute 10 percent ..my preference paint but then a spray gun did not scare me

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate