Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:04:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
445 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 445
Total: 445

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Instructor Station - Luis Gordo

ISLOGO

What is Instructor Station ?

In flight simulation, an Instructor Operator Station (IOS) is designed to assist the instructor in controlling the simulation training environment and monitoring all aspects of pilot/crew performance in the simulator. The instructor can control, via this software, all functions such as aircraft position and systems, meteorological, environmental, and situational parameters.

The Instructor Station is meant to assist Aviation Professionals, Flight Simulation Enthusiasts and Home Cockpit Builders using Microsoft® Flight Simulator (FS) 2004™, FSX™ and ESP™, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® and X-Plane®.

The Instructor Station allows setting the aircraft on an approach to a runway of choice under any weather conditions, start-up and shutdown network computers (fully customizable), program or set aircraft system failures at any moment, calculate the amount of fuel required for a flight and load it to the aircraft, record flight performance (approaches, manoeuvres, landings, take-offs, etc.) and plot it graphically, and many other things!

Compatible with all types of aircraft! It is also a great tool for anybody who wants to control the flight simulator externally.

Many features are also available for Project Magenta users (pmSystems, Glass Cockpit, CDU/MCDU, MCP/FCU), AST & FMGS JeeHell users.

Developed by a pilot, engineer & flight simulation enthusiast.

TRY THE DEMO AND ORDER YOUR LICENSE TODAY !!

Here's one for Luis IStation

Started by philb737, June 15, 2011, 09:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philb737

Hi Luis,
First of all, thank you for a great software! Most of us fly alone in our sim, we seldom get the opportunity to fly with someone who has the same passion for flying or the simming drive as us. Is it possible to have a surprise function in the sim which can be triggered by Istation that can cause an abnormal failure based on a particular stage of flight within reason! All one has to do is press the surprise function and presto you get a random failure without any warning!By activating the S function a random failure is imminent!!!!
Example: a V1 cut on takeoff, or a multiple failure in flight.
Thanks
Phil
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

philb737

Exactly, the surprise element can be based on a condition, for instance too much fuel on takeoff the aircraft is heavy so this is the worst time to lose an engine! I know the Istation has many failure option built into the software already, but for single man operation the surprise element is what the sim is really missing. It's hard to fly and be an instructor at the same time.  ;)

philb737

I was thinking more in a way of a dozen hard coded failures which can be triggered based on your flight condition! Example: if you're at the gate and you press the S button IS will know when to trigger a hard coded failure based on the aircraft condition, maybe an APU fire or maybe wait until V1 and initiate a power failure or engine fire. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's useless to have APU fire if the APU is not even on! 

luisgordo

Hi there,

A "random failure" funciton is something I have on my "to do" list.  As you guys say, its not only a matter of generating whatever failure at the moment the button is pressed, but rather one that makes sense for the corresponding flight phase.

Not too difficult to do, but I need to alocate some time for programming!  Hopefully we´ll see this implemented not too long from now...

Best regards,
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

philb737

Looking forward to it :) :) :)
Cheers
Phil

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate