Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:49:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
47 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwik

You may have burnt your pot out by connecting the wiper to 5v. Just make sure the wiper connects to the input of your interface card.
Connecting your wiper to 5v will burn out the pot.

Xpress690

Quote from: RayS on November 29, 2020, 09:04:55 PMBeen doing some flying instead of building...
Just a short departure out of Vegas, and a 180 to fly back down the strip before heading home.

RayS
What SIM is that, that looks amazing.

Regards
Paul
Paulo Santos
"Visit the Azores"

RayS

Fellow pilots,

If you are free this Sunday (August 1st) , you will want to tune in to this channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/search?term=boeingskypilot

Probably around 12PM PST.. We usually do 2 flights, but between flights we have a special surprise.  ;)
Ray Sotkiewicz

RayS

Quote from: Xpress690 on July 31, 2021, 11:07:39 AMWhat SIM is that, that looks amazing.

This is X-Plane using the Carenado Beechcraft 1900D flight model.

Glad you like it!

For the curious, this is the video Paul is referring to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9JHIx-xMtA&t=338s
Ray Sotkiewicz

FSAddon_boss

Finally, after introducing myself back in 2017, have gotten a working PC again and am back to my cockpit building plans. I also have finished the space where my future cockpit should live in..... an old haystack transformed into a garage and kitchen with a large attic above it......

Testing my old hardware and new PC was the first thing that needed to be done......
Check.

Nect: cutting out the panel that I drew up 4 years ago already.....
Half Check.

Best regards,
Francois
retired

blueskydriver

Amazingly, I just spent the whole night doing nothing but updating my flight simulator software...mainly ProSim737 v3.08. Along with every other thing under the "software" sun, and yet, I still got much more too do.

Like, update all 11 PC's, 1 laptop and two iPads, update any add-ons to the latest versions, update NAVIGRAPH, update Project Magenta because I still use it, get P3D v4.5 installed (can't believe I've owned it way over a year, yet haven't done the initial install).

Once all that's done I might do some flying again. Or, rebuild my main flight sim PC be it one system or go with a three system setup.

Crazy how far behind you can get in one year!

On a related note, I know there are some new members who are working on getting their sim up and flying. And, let me say it may sim daunting too get a handle on things, but just hang in there as it just takes time to get up to takeoff speed so too speak...lol!

Even for long time builders like myself, I can say that after all these years doing flight simulators you can never stop learning. Albeit,  I thought my overall knowledge was pretty good; however, like anything else, time changes things and I just have to relearn over and over. Still, that's the fun part...always learning something new that you thought you knew....

Lastly, I will try to help others more once all the outside projects slow down for Karen (Simlady) and I. Which is usually about the same for a lot of members...; although, come Fall/Winter it'll be the most active time of the year for cockpit builders in general.

In the mean time, search through a lot of my older posts, there are dozens of topics that I went through and got a lot help from the members here. You'll find many answers they provided throughout, as well as a lot of pictures and links that'll be of great help to your project.

Kind Regards,

John aka Blueskydriver
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

RayS

I didn't do a darn thing for my sim today!

Hours earlier, I actually FLEW it! Amidst my conversion to a multi-sim platform, decided to fly a VATSIM FNO event. Went  really well except I missed the "Landing Gear Down" part of the checklist and almost belly-flopped. Caught it just in time.

Pay attention to those checklists, kids!
Ray Sotkiewicz

FSAddon_boss

Best regards,
Francois
retired

FSAddon_boss

Read various comments to my queries over and over, started to learn Arduino, bought a VGA-to-HDMI cable to try and use my old 15" monitor. Old? Make that ancient !

Now need to see if WideFS still exists. I might need it in the future.
Best regards,
Francois
retired

fsaviator

Just updated to Prosim738 v3.  Went smoother than I expected.

I bought A Pilot's Life - exactly what I needed to give me some purpose while not having to meet VA timelines and rules.  It also gives me a chance to buy some scenery to support my flights.  A little ticked off that out of all the liveries for Prosim, Matt hasn't done Condor.  Oh well.  It's just eye candy I never see anyway.I'm now downloading EDDF and the Balearic Islands to support a couple of the flights I'm scheduled for.

I looked into POSCON and was reminded I signed up for the beta a while ago.  Haven't installed the client yet- no real ATC online.

That's about it.  I have some odds and ends to work out on the sim but wondering if it's worth it....  yes...  already planning for the final move next summer I think, and it's final hanger in my house in Greece - if it's still standing after the fires.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

FSAddon_boss

I got this !!!!!

Best regards,
Francois
retired

blueskydriver

Hey Warren,

First, glad to see you back here on the CB, and even though you're sim is up/down/up/down at times, please keep posting. I'm missing the old gang...

Knowingly, you retired once, but are you going to retire again and plant your feet in Greece? If so, give your sim lots of love there since it's stayed with you all these years. From setup to boxing to setup again, it's gone through a lot with you, as well as how much real flying or boating (shipping) it's actually done.

Lastly, if you're in the mist of thinking about which simulator program (what you have versus MSFS 2020) to go with, just stick with what you have. Even though some guys have MSFS 2020 working in a full-size sim, in its present form, it's not worth the hassle that's currently going on with that program. It's driving users crazy; like the recent world update 5 and the hotfix that followed it this weekend...breaking everything and all the CTD HELL!

All that eye candy looks sweet, but it's all just sour balls and lemonheads for now...LOL!

Kind Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

MistyBlue

I'm slowly adding more detail to my 73 here and there. 

This last week I closed up the interior sidewalls of my FDS shell with the flat panel pieces that came with the FDS kit.  I wish the interior linings were a bit closer to the real thing, but it's good enough. 

I cut out an opening and added some 3D printed louvers that are connected via a linkage so they all move together when you move one.  Just because I could.

And I added a fake 3D printed ashtray and windowsill clip holders.

Next I'll work on 3D printing the raceway humps to bring that to life. 

I guess I'll get to the flying part again sooner or later, lol.

sagrada737

Nice and clean...  Looking good!  Great job!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

jackpilot

Jack

fsaviator

Thanks John.  I am planning the second retirement now - yes, in Greece.  Just tired of this whole work thing getting in the way of my sim!
I bought MS2020 but still haven't installed it.  Not in a hurry.  I'm very happy with P3D4 and plan to eventually get to v5.  I like the add on scenery I've already got.

I am not looking forward to packing this thing up again, but I'm good at it now, so oh, well.  I am yearning for some GA love though and already planning to build a GA sim once settled.  Just need to find space for both.

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Jason L

Working on the MIP.  Got all the displays calibrated and working properly.  One graphics card with 6 outputs and a lot of DP to VGA adapters and it is working nicely.  Now to the wiring of this and installation into the shell.  Exciting to get some progress going on this project after sitting dormant for several years.

Joe Lavery

Looks like a very nice start Jim. good luck with the ongoing build.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

sagrada737

Hi Jim,

Great looking display setup...  Nice job of constructing the MIP!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

jackpilot

Jack

FSAddon_boss

No earth shattering things happening here...... but I did have some progress:

1) Bought and installed the GTN750 software by PMS50 (a French developer I think). It worked with FS2020, and is ready to power a RealsimGear unit.

2) Subscribed to Navigraph for airport charts and such

3) Got an API for weather service, also displayed on the GTN750

4) Fiddled with my AirManager 4.0, watched a Beginners Video and learned two things:
  a) I can make multiple panels for single and twins. I figure if I can build a twin and when flying a single just leave out some of the gauges, it will work and still  won't look too bad.
  b) I learned that with Version 4 it is relatively easy to add switches and encoders powered by an Arduino board, without having to write the code myself (which is a big time saver).

5) I keep losing my (USB attached) controls, so I think I need a new, powered USB hub..... the one I have seems flakey :-(

We're still having heat waves, so my computer work is limited, even with an aorco blowing......
Best regards,
Francois
retired

MistyBlue

This wkd I threw together a cockpit shell back wall/cabinet frame design for my FDS shell.  It'll have some fake CBs on the cockpit side, and double as a computer cabinet/instructor station/storage shelves on the other side.  Making it a roll-away design so I can get into the cockpit for maintenance and just roll it back.

Now I just need to start cutting away :)

jackpilot

I used aluminum L shape bars bolted together for my galley
Real rigid and good looking
(Right click to open)

Jack

MistyBlue

Great idea Jack.  And much lighter weight than my wood solution, too. I'll take a look at that for version 2.0 ;D  You do some fantastic work!

RayS

Quote from: FSAddon_boss on August 21, 2021, 11:54:42 AM5) I keep losing my (USB attached) controls, so I think I need a new, powered USB hub..... the one I have seems flakey :-(

I had this issue as well. You'll need to disable Windows Power Management on USB devices....

Just another way Microsoft "thinks" they are making our lives easier miserable.

Disable Windows Power Management on USB ports.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate