Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:29:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
158 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 184
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 158
Total: 159

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX-Win 7 64 bit issues

Started by RonW, July 30, 2010, 10:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonW

I changed up from XP 32bit to Win 7 64 bit. New CPU and GPU as well, however, noticing new issues with FSX. FS9 runs awesome and 100% no issues.
Hardware is FDS MCP, CDU and Project Magenta software. In FSX ,any flight model I fly (737), climb and cruise is 100%, (all Autopilot functions) however, in decent mode - speed doesn't hold, Auto Throttle doesn't hold, VSI fairly erratic. Basically imposibly to hold speed during ILS approach - can only do manually. This was never a problem in XP 32 so curious if any others have seen similar issues. I usually fly a modified PMDG 737 but it's happening even with the default 737-800 model.
Also noticed any flight model drains center tank first, then left and then right instead of both left and right together - causing an obvious fuel imbalance.
Thanks,
Ron

jackpilot

Jack

RonW

OK - I want everything back - LOL
(also inside joke)
Ron

Benja

This is strange, as I am using win7 64 bit with fax and it flies like a dream.

I use the posky738, PM, cpflight mcp, efis, radios and xpndr.

You said upgrade? Did you do an install over your xp install?
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

ivar hestnes

I am running win7 64 with FSX and default 737-800, and have never seen these issues.
Have you set fuel selectors=2 in your aircraft.cfg? That should help on the fuel things.

Have you updated for example PM software at the same time as you upgraded to win7 ? Maybe the problem is not in win7 but in any other updates if you have done any?
Just guessing here though.

:)

Kennair

I agree I don't think its Win7 (at least not mostly).  I've run FSX both on a Win7 upgrade machine as well as a clean install and no issues with flight models or other characteristics.  I suspect as Ivar suggested something else has changed or maybe a driver that isn't compatible with Win7.  Update all PM, FSUIPC, Video, Sound etc. to the latest which all should have support for Win7 and go from there.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

FSPS

Hi,

Make sure you have this line in your FSUIPC4.ini (only FSX)

[General] section

FiddleMachForPM=Yes
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
http://fsps.737ng.gr

RonW

Thanks all for the ideas - will be trying them later today
Ron

RonW

Tried all of the above and seems to have solved it. Been a long time since I've flown FSX for more than 30 min - never satisfied on my old WinXP32 bit system. Built a Win7 64 w/i7 960@3.9 w/ 6GBDDR3 and a GTX 480. Wow - what a difference. FSX is finally flyable.
Ron

jackpilot

Jack

ivar hestnes

Excellent Ron  :)

FSX is awesome. I will never go back to FS9.
Enjoy :)

Joe Lavery

Hey Guys,

I'm still on FS9 with PM software, how difficult is the switch? Any problems to watch out for?
My old FS9 steams along nicely with a TH2Go and I get really high frame rates, that's why I've been reluctant to change. On the other hand I do like FSX graphics.... :-\

Cheers

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

If your Sim is running smoooooth DO NOT CHANGE IT!!!!

Old wisdom  :laugh:

Well not to start the endless discussion let's say that it all depends on the kind of flying you do.
On top at FL360 who cares!!!
FS9 with good addons can be quite spectacular too.

(just spilling oil on the exhaust pipe)  :laugh: :laugh:

Jack

RonW

I agree with Jack.
I love to do VFR out of small airports, floats, bush planes - all that stuff. Then FSX is simply awesome with all it's detail. If however, you fly heavies out of big airports with lots of traffic, weather, etc as I do in my 737 cockpit, then you better have something close to the specs I mentioned above if you want to see all that spectacular detail in FSX.
Adding FSX to PM is no more effort than changing to FSUIPC 4 and making a few small changes to some ini files. PM works fine in either FS's.
Since I upgraded my pc, now FS9 flies like a million $ sim so it's the best of both worlds.
Ron

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate