Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 06:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
82 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 96
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Adding two more monitors.

Started by GyverX, March 01, 2022, 05:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GyverX

I searched the forums and there really isnt anything that says "This is it" or "Here is your answer" So here it goes.

I need to expand my desktop with 2 more monitors with a resolution of 1024X768.

I have work going on with my panels I am working with. I have to replace the connectors to something more stable. This is in the works, just waiting on the mail.

I am starting on the plan for 2 G1000 panels and it is all doable - to a point. I have a line on the LCD screens, and one of them being a Capactive touch for the main screen, and I have all the 3d print files for the bezel but I am running into an issue with getting them hooked up to my computer.
I will be using a resolution of 1024X768 for the 2 G1000's

I currently run 4 monitors. 3 27" & 17". I use all of them and have become accustom to them, so I was thinking about using a USB3 to Dual HDMI adapter. The problem I am coming across in my research is not the performance but the reports of malware, or bloated software and system breaking drivers. This concerns my greatly. I also have access to an older video card and was thinking of installing that but really don't think it would work with my current card.
So... I have questions I can not find on search engines, Youtube, or other forums.

Does anyone have real experience in using a dual HDMI adapter? ...and what are you using?
Does anyone know if a RTX 2070 XC Gaming GPU work with a GTX950 FTW Gaming GPU?

Basically what I am looking for, is a way to expand/extend my desktop with 2 more monitors with a low resolution of 1024X768.
Any Recommendations?

Thanks
GyverX

n4208t

Hi GyverX.  It would be helpful to know which sim you are running (or wanting to run) and also the specs on your computer.

I don't think an HDMI splitter will do what you want as it is going to send the same signal to both monitors.

I used to run a 2070 and successfully drove 3 55 inch monitors for primary display (P3d at that time) and 1 small monitor running Air Manager.  I do have a F1 G1000 setup but ran it on a second computer so the displays and the flight parameters were all running on one computer (at that time an older i7 with 64 gb ram and the 2070) and the avionics were run on a separate computer (older i5 with 16 gb ram).   

Trying to run a 2070 and a 950 on the same box is neither easy (if possible) or recommended.  If you have the space and an old pc, it does not take much horsepower to run the avionics and you will get much better and smoother performance.

My thoughts.

Steve

KyleH

Hi Gyver,

My main sim machine is running a 2070 for my outside displays and a 980 for the avionics. This is with Win7, and P3D V3. FSX did not really like this setup. X-plane 11 appears to run ok, but have not tried moving avionics to the proper screens, just tried it in the virtual cockpit.

The motherboard I have though is capable of full 16x bandwidth to both cards. Not many motherboards do that, most  make both 8x when you insert the second card.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

GyverX

Quote from: KyleH on March 02, 2022, 04:27:53 AMHi Gyver,

My main sim machine is running a 2070 for my outside displays and a 980 for the avionics. This is with Win7, and P3D V3. FSX did not really like this setup. X-plane 11 appears to run ok, but have not tried moving avionics to the proper screens, just tried it in the virtual cockpit.

The motherboard I have though is capable of full 16x bandwidth to both cards. Not many motherboards do that, most  make both 8x when you insert the second card.
That is a really good point. Thanks for bringing that up. I have a recommendation on an adapter I was already looking at
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F2TSR43/?coliid=I1768316DNKLC&colid=C2AU45DSEVNQ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This one is doable as far as price but the one thing that stuck out is the absence of malware and sketchy drivers in the reviews.

Thanks for the Heads up Kyle. (Long time no talk, Hope you and your sim are doing well)

blueskydriver

Hey Jason,

How about using a Matrox TH2GO?

You're using 4 outputs already, so leave 3 outputs for the 27" monitors and use the 4th output to run the TH2GO. With three outputs on it, you use one for your 17" monitor and the other two for the G1000's.

Or, you could use one output from the card for the TH2GO and hook up the 3 27" monitors to it, and then use the other 3 outputs off the card with the 17" and two G1000's....

Since the video data to the G1000's and 17" is more static than the 27" visual monitors. You won't have to worry about the FPS loss that much. And yes, you can mix match the resolutions with the TH2GO....

Then again, Steve mentioned running your avionics off a separate PC which is a great idea! Let the flight sim visual PC handle the heavy workload and an separate avionics PC deal with the almost static displays; thus, a mid range PC can take care of this easily.

You can buy a used or refurbished from NewEgg or TigerDirect, as well as look at Public Surplus. You can pickup one from them for a dime a dozen....

John

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

GyverX

Quote from: blueskydriver on March 07, 2022, 06:44:37 AMHow about this?

https://youtu.be/xbPhTgddlyQ

John
Those are the ones I have been trying to stay away from. If you read the reviews you'll see some posts of invasive drivers and software. I just dont want to risk my computer and all my data. It would take a week to get the software back to where I like it :) I have been looking at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F2TSR43/?coliid=I1768316DNKLC&colid=C2AU45DSEVNQ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate