Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
162 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Best 30' USB Repeater Cables?

Started by blueskydriver, March 04, 2022, 05:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase some 30' USB Repeater Cables that are 2.0 and/or 3.0 (with the 2.0 having backwards compatibility with 1.0/1.1).

I need 6 each of A to B (standard printer cable) and 6 each A Male to A Female (standard extension cable.

Why am I asking here? Well, what I need to know is if any of you have purchased these types of cables and where did you get them from? Also, give me some reviews, and did you have any issues with connection or lack thereof, as well as did you have any that were just junk?

I'm doing my research instead of just impulse buying cheap ones....

Thank You,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Jason L

Just purchased some for work.  You want the type that has a power -adapter jack and comes with a wall power adapter on one end.  The ones that dont will NOT work.  I'm using these to extend a video camera/conference setup in a few of our smaller conference rooms and they work well.
The ones that are labeled 'active' usb cords but dont come with a power adapter are junk.

blueskydriver

Do the ones without power work if you have a powered hub in between the PC and device?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Jason L

I think if you are going over 12-15 ft, you either need to have powered hubs every so often or a powered usb cord like I mentioned above.  These basically have a powered repeater about halfway in-between the ends of the cable to boost the signal.

blueskydriver

Thanks Jason  ;D

Where did you order yours from?

John

Jason L

Amazon Any of the powered ones there should work, I think they are probably all made at the same place.

XOrionFE

I use this one with my astrophotography rig John.  It doesn't require any extra power supply and works like a champ.  Connects my older Dell laptop with usb 3.0 port to an astro power box usb3 that has a built in usb hub.  The hub is powered but the 32 ft cable from computer to the hub/powerbox is not.  I run 2 usn astrocameras, a usb focucer, and the telescope mount all remote with this one cable.  Runs all night without a hiccup.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MM2VQ7V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Scott

Garys

Very nice setup. is that the 100mm or 120mm esprit?

XOrionFE

Hello Gary

It is the 100.  I got it last year.   Very nice refractor.   Unfortunately only imaged three times since I got it due to clouds and extreme cold but hoping for some nice nights this spring and summer. Ive attached some initial shots from my backyard through it.  Special thanks to Mike Sherick (sagrada737)for his help and mentorship with it. I realize this is not an Astrophotography site but we have all sorts of talents here I'm sure.

Garys

Those shots are awesome. I think there are a few of us here that share the astrophotography hobby as well. Definitely post more of your shots as the weather warms up.

Trevor Hale

Post as many of those as you like, they are beautiful and anyone that complains can butt out lol 

Funny enough though..  I don't see your images ruined with Starlink, maybe it isn't as bad as they say.

Love the pictures, and thank you for sharing them.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Jack

blueskydriver

OMG SCOTT! That's awesome! I gotta stop looking at things like this, makes me want one...lol!

John

Bob Reed

Very nice Scott.. I too would like to get into this at some point.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate