Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
479 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Lear 45 build

Started by shaneb, October 18, 2009, 07:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

Is that a large philips head screw on the side of the case or just on the photo? I'd say that might be it. If not, call
these guys http://www.metroaircraft.com/manufacturer.html and be really nice on the phone and ask them if they service that part number.

If they say yes, ask them how to open it up after you explain what you are doing. If they aren't really busy they might help you.

This outfit helped me with a pinout on the Collins flight director in my sim. I couldn't for the life of me meter these pinouts for crap when I attempted it. These guys were a big help. Just be really humble when you call.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

shaneb

Hey guys,

I've added another small detail to my project . . one that will fill a void area on the center pedestal. I was able to find an AirCell phone for the Lear.  The phone installs at the back end of the center pedestal as seen in photos of Lear that are equipped.  I will need to do some minor shaving of the center pedestal to get it to fit but should work fine. 

Here are a couple of photos . . .

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

shaneb

Over the long holiday I was able to finish up a couple of areas that I had been putting off.  I finished rewiring the yoke switches, got the yokes mounted and the yoke wiring harness hooked up to the wiring harness that will attach to the SYS board.  I also added the micrphone holders (temporily mounted) that I was able to scrounge up about a month ago.

I also finished mounting and wiring  the chart holders that I purchased from Rand and hooked them up to my 12 volt power supplies.  I also finished adding the vents and circuit breaker wiring harness pouch to the kickpanels.  Also added a few finishing touches to the TQ assembly.

Here are a few photos of the updates . . .

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

ETomlin

One Word: NICE :-)

Looking forward to making a trip up to visit one day Shane.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

shaneb

Hey guys,

I was able to pick up a few parts that I will be using later in my build.  I was able to determine that the Telex 66C microphone is a match as to what is in the Lear 45.  I can't say for sure that the 66C is what is used in the real aircraft but it has the same appearance.

Here is a photo of the real L45 Telex mike:

and here is the Telex 66C . . note that the 66C has the same angled plug

I also verified that the Telex 66C fits the rubber mike holder found in the Lear 45

shaneb

The next part is the Vertical Card Compass found in the overhead.  The compass is made by Precision Aviation Inc. and the part number is PAI-700.  I found one of these on Ebay and I checked to ensure that it would fit the real windscreen post panel that I have. 

Here are a few photos of the compass. I also provided some photos after disassembly. 

shaneb

I started ordering a few parts a couple months ago that I would need to start interfacing some of my panels. I will be using Flight Deck Solutions SYS boards to interface my lower MIP panels and to make life easier I ordered the same type connectors used by FDS.   Thanks goes to Peter and FDS for helping me out with some info and parts!

I started interfacing on the landing/hydraulic panel . . .one of the more populated panels that has a mix of AML's and toggles.

Here are a few photos of the panel after wiring . . .

Here is a photo of the tool you will need to attach the wiring to the female connectors and a photo of the connectors . . . AML switch is just to give you a size reference

This photo gives you an idea as to how the tool works by pushing the wire down into the connector . . no need to strip the insulation from the wiring. I'm sure many of you know how this works so this was for the new guys like me coming along and still learning!

If you go this route here are a few part numbers to keep in mind:

Tool :  AMP 59803-1  this tool is used for the AMP MTA-100 connectors

shaneb

Hey guys,

A few quick updates . . I have installed the cockpit voice recorder mike that I got from Rand replacing the one that I hand made.

I also installed the AirCell phone that I found on Ebay.  Eric T. cut out the backer panel to mount it . . thanks Eric.  A little routing had to be done to the center pedestal to get the phone to fit correctly.

shaneb

Hey guys,

I've been working on a couple of finishing touches on the MIP.  I have added the screws around the RMU's and the two standby gauges as well as finished the bezel's for the AoA gauges.  Thanks to EricT for cutting the rings out for me!

The AoA gauges at this point are backlit and I can get some movement out of the needle that will add a little to the illusion that they function.  I have not been able to get the flags to move from the on to off position as of yet.

Also added the rivnuts to allow the attachment of the Davtron clocks to the MIP without the need to access the back of the panel. You will notice my Davtron's are a dark gray to black color . . I got them so cheap that I decided to use them versus trying to find M850's in gray or worse paying around $380 for each new.

Here are a couple of photos . . .

MLeavy737

Shane that really look great!  Keep it up man! Would love to check it out in person some day.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jackpilot

Real clean, like it!

Jack

shaneb

Thanks guys,

Slowly getting there . . looking forward to start putting it all together!   

XOrionFE

looks awesome Shane

carlos hermida

Really look great, Shaneb !

Jetcos

Amazing job Shane. Very impressive!

Looking forward to more pictures.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

shaneb

I finished installing the smoke grey lens in each of the RMU's and mounted the DU's and RMU's to the MIP.   Now just a matter of waiting for the lower MIP backlit panels . . .  and the money for computers! 

jskibo

Shane, that is incredible!  Excellent work.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Congratulations Shane. That is really one sweet & beautiful project even for a miniature airplane  :).

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

shaneb

Thanks guys,

Maurice you would think for a toy airplane it would not take so long for it to come together!  I forgot to tell JackP that I was moving the throttles a couple nights ago and making airplane noises.  He would have been proud . . not sure if it was authentic Learjet noise or maybe more of an F-16 sound   ;D

jackpilot

I follow. I follow...in the background! :laugh:

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: shaneb on June 02, 2011, 03:04:29 PM
Thanks guys,

Maurice you would think for a toy airplane it would not take so long for it to come together!

Are you kidding? Some toys can drive a grown man to tears  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

ETomlin

Yeah guys,  Shane has the ultimate LJ45 sim. How could it get any better than having all the real interior pieces he has lining the shell? I for one look forward to making the trip up one day to fly it.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

phil744

Shaun mate thats gorgeous, if im ever over your way expect a knock at the door from some dodgy english bloke wanting a fly :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

shaneb

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted an update.    I decided that I have enough interior components to justify a trial fit of all the interior components to ensure I won't have any problems when it is time to do the final install.   

Photo from F/O side

Photo of compass in overhead . . .

Bob Reed

Ohhhh I want to fly it! VERY nice job!  ::)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate