Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
108 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Large Golfballs Under Cockpits

Started by NeoMorph, January 27, 2011, 03:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

I was taking climbing out from this airport yesterday when I spotted an Airbus coming into land. This was the day btw so I wouldn't have expected the plane to have landing lights on but instead of lights there is this wierd large golfball thing there the landing lights on the forward undercarriage is.

Is this a glitch because since then I have spotted other planes with the same effect and wondered if there was a way to fix it because the planes look silly like that.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

ETomlin

Hi Neo

Most (at least all the ones Ive seen) aircraft operating manuals/checklists call for using Landing Lights for both take off and Landing at any time of the day. (Checking LJ45 manual now....Yes, this is true for the LJ45 at least). I believe the same for the 737. At any rate, LL on 24 hours a day for T/O and Landing is a safety procedure but I suppose some company's SOP's wont call for them or at the pilot's discretion.

Regarding the golf balls- sounds like a file is corrupted in your A.I. somewhere. Maybe someone can chime in here.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

NeoMorph

I'll have to take a snapshot when I see it again (maybe buzz a busy field and get a ticket heh).

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

blueskydriver

If you're using TH2GO and Projecting (even on monitors I think so too), this will cause an error with the light sizes, as well as airport lighting. If you're using GEX or UTX (the one that works with lighting) with the above, this will be a problem as well.

You have to change the Halo.bmp file to a smaller version of itself. Imagine the current default Halo being size Large, and after using the aforementioned items, that large doubles in size. So, you need to change your Halo to a small or extra small, then when it gets doubled, it is a large again (so to speak).

Do a search on the Halo.bmp, you'll have no problem finding it. Read the info on it and then decide the size you want and yes, not everyone uses the same size, as some like the lights bigger (not golf balls though) and some like them smaller.

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Ricardo Carvalho

Hello,

As far as i know, at least in europe landing lights are mandatory for aircraft bellow 10000 feet, and when aircraft is on the runway.

NeoMorph

Thanks for the info... I'm very much learning because the last FS I flew was 2004 back when it first came out but then my PC blew up and I went over to console gaming for a while (I know, sad...).

Heck, I couldn't even remember how to do a proper ILS landing with approach hold and glideslope capture... I was doing it all manually heh. I really am going back to flight schoo, it seems...

Heck of a lot of fun though.

NeoMorph

I think either I have a corruption in the graphics or there is a problem with my graphics card. You see, occasionally when I am flying I have "blip" where the graphics go all weird for a second and then back to normal. Strange thing is that it only happens when flying in FSX. When I am playing games like Crysis though it works flawlessly and that game hammers the card a lot more than FSX?

Does anyone else see glitches happen while flying FSX?

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate