Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:04:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
162 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 157
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX crash - HELP !!!!

Started by mikeh, August 30, 2011, 07:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeh

HI any help appreciated

my FSX crashes on startup - faulty module FSVCR90.DLL
plenty of similar on web but no real help

have tried 'repair' several times and repair to acceleration
no improvement
if only option is to uninstall and re-install which i would prefer not to do - how do i find my codes for fsuipc and fswide which are paid for

edit - found codes at simmarket account so that bit is ok at least

Mike
ATR72 build project

bussgarfield

Hi Mike.

If you do an FSX repair, wont all those FSUIPC settings be maintained.

I copied my activation email to Word and saved the details in a folder so I will always have them.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

mikeh

hi - yes - i have the keys now but the repair doesn't help my fsx install - just wondered if anyone had a 'fixup' to save the uninstall / reinstall because of all of the addon software accumulated through time - cant find a reference on system to msvcr90.dll and several web entries say dont download from web - presumably 'cause of malware etc
Mike
ATR72 build project

bussgarfield

Mike,

Just a thought for the futrure.

I was chatting to Bob on live chat about your issues.

I wondered if you installed FSX to the default location or did you select your own location. I have learnt that it is best to define where you want it to go to save issues with security systems.

Just a thought.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Bob Reed

Mike.. More thinking.... Dangerous at best I know... But what if you changed the name of the file it is loading at startup? Anyone have any input on this. It appears to be a corrupted default file.

Maurice

Quote from: Bob Reed on August 30, 2011, 10:20:16 AM
Mike.. More thinking.... Dangerous at best I know... But what if you changed the name of the file it is loading at startup? Anyone have any input on this. It appears to be a corrupted default file.

This file has nothing to do with FSX since I cannot find it on my laptop with plain FSX. So it must be part of an addon. Did you do a search for that file and if yes, where is it located? If you are lucky, it will be located in a folder associated with an add-on and then you would just need to uninstall that particular addon.

If you are not lucky and it resides somewhere else, there is certainly no harm in renaming it and seeing what happens. If that does not work either and FSX still crashes, then I would rename other executables file in folders that are associated with your addons. Eventually, the 'defective' addon would not try loading at all and FSX may open without it.

Anyway, these are things to try that will not damage anything.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

mikeh

OK added FLTSIM.FLT and FLTSIM.WX to flights folder and renamed FSX.cfg and told it not to run any of the addon's - loaded with the trike startup screen - set up a default baron at EGBB and saved as default. - all OK and flys OK
Next started to add in the extras FSUIPC, copilot etc.  --- the iocp4fsx.dll is the killer crashes the flight sim and closes the prog.
My SIOC for opencockpits will load and operate corectly so i have flaps, etc etc. but if i load my gauge composer files that use IOCP i get no real connection. so no gauges
slowly slowly - catchy monkey as we say over here - anyone with ideas. I've restored the computer back to beginning last week
SO only issue now is  'IS IOCP4FSX a required dll for gauge composer'?
ATR72 build project

Bob Reed

Have you tried re downloading the software?

mikeh

Yes Bob,
that was Tuesdays job - re downloaded IOCP4FSX and it re-installed and fsx put it in the trusted list no problems - have flown again and all ok - next is to get the IOCP programs up and see if they are still working but crossed fingures - going forward - tks for all your time and help
Mike
ATR72 build project

Bob Reed

Hope it is all fixed! I hate these issues and they just randomly pop up.... :P

mikeh

ALL tested and OK - I'm guessing that the IOCP4FSX.DLL became corrupt through unknown mechanism
Thanks for all the help - Bob I dont know how you make this a dead thread but if possible the issue can be closed to unclutter the board - Tks
ATR72 build project

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate