Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
52 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

[737NG Project] Landing at Larnaca

Started by Themax, October 23, 2011, 10:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themax

Hello   :)

Just wanted to share with you the last video of my 737 sim  :) A landing at Larnaca after a 4 hours flight from Charleroi as Ryanair 8477. Enjoy  ;)

737NG Project - Landing at Larnaca

I finally reached my goal which was to make a complete flight without any mouse or keyboard use !!  :D Now that the overhead is working, I may say I reached my goal. I've been building this cockpit for 3 years now (I'm now 17 years old).  :)

Maxime.

jackpilot

Good for you Captain...
You are just the right age
1)to be proud of that achievement
2)to start  a career behind a real yoke!
Thanks for sharing.
jack

Jack

Themax

Hello,

thanks for the respons  ;) I'm now finishing my last year of school and my PPL and next year will start with ATPL  :) It has always be a dream for me, hope I'll be behind a real liner yoke some time in my life  :D

Maxime.

jackpilot

Not a dream..go for it. Will happen faster than you think.
JP

Jack

matta757

Hey Maxime,

Awesome video. Must feel very rewarding to have reached that goal. Nice flight deck setup you have too.

And 17?! Wow, that's impressive. Keep going for that goal of sitting behind a real yoke, Jack's right about it happening sooner rather than later. Wish I had done the same!

Regards,
Matt

727737Nut

Congrats!! Keep working hard and you will be rewarded in no time at all!

Rob
737 Junkie

mikeh

Fantastic achievement - you deserve all the success you will obviously receive
Mike
ATR72 build project

kozak737

I am from Cyprus. Your setup is excellent and congragulation for your excellent landing.  You are welcome in Cyprus and we land there with C172.

Constantinos

ETomlin

Excellent project! And, as other's have said- at only 17.

Some very kind suggestions to really push the immersion factor for you-

Consider building out of very affordable materials a simple enclosure that at least blocks out all your non-sim related items (anything other than the MIP and monitor for your outside visual screen). This could be out of lightweight plywood/MDF or even a huge cardboard box that once held a refrigerator. Paint it black, and then you will be amazed at how much further you are immersed into your wonderful little simulator. Taking away all non-simulator visual cues will really push the realism and will allow the project to have 1 more step closer to the real thing.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Themax

Thanks all for your comments  ;)

Some days after the video, I build a roof from mdf and tissue to close the left side of the cockpit. I also added my second 32" screen to have the left view out of the window :

This makes it already much more realistic  :) Thanks for the tip  ;)

Maxime.

XOrionFE

Nice work Maxime,

Very nice simulator and I am sure you will have great success with your career goals.  Having the drive and capabilities to build one of these as well as your laser beam focus on your career aspirations at age 17 puts you way ahead of the pack.   I am sure your parents are proud!

Keep the videos and pictures coming!
Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate