Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
126 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Program Your Dreams! Using Sigmund for Ipad!

Started by blueskydriver, November 06, 2012, 10:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Well, I've been planning to write this post, but kept forgetting; however, let me start it by saying you will be thouroughly amazed by this.

About 4 months ago I saw an ad about an Ipad app that would control your dreams when you sleep (day or night cycles). At first, I am like "Yeah Right!", but I started reading about it and how that Harvard University and MIT developed this program from sleep studies, and as it turns out the program actually works according to many users' reviews.

Okay, I thought for $1.00 I give it a try. I downloaded the App for my Ipad 2 (available for Iphone and Ipod as well), set it up and off to bed I went.

Since you get to choose 5 key words or less, I chose 5 and like any guy I chose words that would relate too...well, the other male brain down below. Don't laugh, most guys think with that brain many times a day, so I figure go with the flow, and let the dream app set me up, so too speak.

Anyway, I can say it actually worked and way more than what I ever expected. In fact, after all this time of using it now, I have tried many key words, and my dreams have all been (almost) spot on to the words I chose. And, I usually have maybe 1-3 dreams throughout the night that relate to the words I chose.

Here is one example. One night I chose airplane, blue, flying, happy and pilot. Well, I dreamt that I was in the backseat of a small airplane that was also my Dad's car at the same time. The plane was white had a blue stripe on the side, the sky outside was clear and blue. Funny thing is, we were driving into a Exxon gas station too get gasoline (I could see the blue Exxon gas station sign) and I was happy that my Dad was driving like a/the pilot. Now, my Dad never was a pilot, nor did he or I ever own a real airplane. However, it made me happy because I could see my Dad plain as day and he was smilling. Of course my Dad past away in 2000, so it was that feeling of seeing him again that made me happy...

Now, I can go on and on; especially, about the sexual dream aspects, but I won't...uh, okay I will for just one more example. One night Karen and I were sleeping together and just sleeping (seriously), but I had programmed the Sigmund earlier and one of the first words was "sex". Anyway, I forgot to shut the program off eariler, before her and I fell asleep. So, it partially woke us up about 2 hours later and we were like crazy for each other...you can guess the rest! Later, after we did wake up fully, we both said to each other that it was the best time ever in all the 18 years we've been together. Sounds corny I know, but it was like being awake and in a dream all at the same time while doing things together. I cannot explain it too you, but I hope that you try this program too find out for yourself...

Finally, I am writing this here because of the fun this program can provide. Seriously, I have tried all different combinations of words...clean and dirty, and in almost every case I have dreamt something in regard to those words and many times I have been surprised. Therefore, I recommend it for everyone who has the right hardware to give it a try. Here is a link to the Apple Itunes store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sigmund/id509305269?mt=8

Disclaimer: I have no connection to this company or developer whatsoever. I am just a user of the program who is sharing this with everyone on CB.

If you do try this, I hope that you will post back here your results as to whether  it worked or not for you...happy dreams or whatever dreams you have...lol :-)

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Just curious if anyone else here has tried this yet? I use it every night and most times I wake feeling rested. Me being a vampire and having tried all kinds of sleep meds for insomnia, I have found only two things that worked. One, is Benadryl believe it or not, and second is this Sigmund program (not used together). I know I might sound like a bad infommerical..."it makes you sleep better, have better dreams and better sex".

Well, I am not trying to sound like that; I just like sharing good ideas and things with good friends here on CB. Besides, I wondering if it is just me that it's working on or not? Funny thing is, I think there is more that can be said about dreams and mind programming. Imagine this being used on a mass audience as a subliminal messages device; okay, you'd have to be sleeping, but who knows, it could work when you're awake.

The world of programming or jacking your brain (like in the movie "Matrix") is getting closer everyday. I watched a youtube video of controlling games via an EKG device worn like a head band. So, programming is just around the corner I think. Heck, it'd be awesome to learn that way; hey Mike Leavy, I'd like too jack your training, but all in 1 minute! Yes, I sound crazy as usual, but this stuff is out there and coming closer to being main stream everyday.

Finally, if someone tries the Sigmund program, please post back what happen... As for me, I haven't be able to stop thinking about what I dreamt last night, so if I think of it all day, isn't that programming me as to what to think?...that'd be my main point.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Maurice

I tried it 3 times so far and no dreams related to the words happened. I find that at low enough volume not to wake me up, I can barely make out what the voice is saying and I hate the fact that you have to set the alarm as well. The first time I used it, I jumped out of bed way too early since I had set the alarm too early. And if you set it for later, then I don't think that it is good either since most dreams occur just before you wake up.

Also, you can only use the words that are included and I think it would be more meaningful if you could record or type words that you choose. But what do I know about this anyway?  :)

So, so far for me, a big waste of 99 cents ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

blueskydriver

Wow, I am surprised Maurice! So, the volume is at the lowest and because you hear it, it wakes you up or you're setting it at the lowest to where you can still hear it somewhat and then you go to bed?

You are not supposed to hear very loud when you're awake or it should not wake you at all except the alarm. How far is the Ipad from you when you go to bed? Try to place it about 3ft away or so. Also, do you have other noise sources on in the room, like a radio, fan or whatever? You don't have to run anything else, but if you do, the volume needs to be over that noise a little.

Try setting the Ipad at the 3ft distance. As for the words, did you use the search for words? I know there is the suggestion for dreams side for words, but there is the search box as well. Although, I do wish could type in my own words too...

As for dream state, you dream during REM state and that occurs 3-4 seperate times throughtout the night and that is why you'll have 3-4 different dream types, but all adding up over rhe whole night. Each word you choose my be played once or multiple times over the whole time period you set (at least 5 hours).

For the alarm, did you hear a clock type alarm or the words "wake up"? I think you're supposed to hear the words and not an alarm sound, so maybe an alarm setting is causing that, I will read up on it for you. Otherwise, I don't think you wasted 99 cents yet, I think it is just settings issues for you, so keep trying a few more nights. Once it happens correctly, you'll be telling us all about it, like I have been doing...

Thanks Maurice,

John

Maurice

Well John, this seemed to have worked last night but I don't ever want to repeat the experience. Although the words were quite innocent... travel, flying, Paris etc... I ended up having not a nightmare but a decidedly unpleasant dream and I woke up with a headache.

I won't go into the details of this stupid dream but I do remember all the details although I usually forget everything about my dreams 5 minutes after I wake up or less.

Anyway, this would be interesting if you could guarantee pleasant dreams but it is not the case apparently so that's definitely not for me. And that stupid alarm clock is really annoying as well since the volume is much louder than the words I heard.

Interesting concept though. If only I could use it to program enthusiasm for sim building/re-building/repairing, repairing again & again, I would accept its shortcomings  ;D

Maurice 
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate