Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:29:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
140 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 161
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

X-Plane 10: Revenge of the Projectors!

Started by Nat Crea, February 17, 2013, 02:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

Nat -

Impressive to say the least!

Refresh my memory.....What are you using for your warping software and visuals setup?

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Nat Crea

GDay Fred

Im using Immersaview WARP (replacement of Sol7), XP10, 3 x i7 2600K's and XPlanes
built in networking (ie. wideview)

Nat

Nat Crea

FSX lovers....look away :P Don't watch the second video...especially.

If anyone enjoys night flying (Im addicted now), then XP is your platform.
Ive just upgraded my video cards to make use of Xplanes HDR mode...best thing since sliced bread.
In general atmospheric lighting/cloud shadows and highway are great full stop, but wait till you see the aircraft lighting. Light sources that "shine" and move, and fade on/off as you switch them....

Nat

XP10 Dawn YMML Fly Over

XP10 Light Test

737SimGuy

Hi Nat<

Looks awesome, and familiar! ;-)

Which aircraft are you using?

Thanks,

James

Nat Crea

Hey James...thanks mate.

Using the X737 (is there anything else?)

Been meaning to PM you about tuning the flight model...havent figured that out yet.

Nat

rhysb

One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Nat Crea

Just one phone pic during a hasty approach other night...too busy drooling :)
XP10 Lighting Rules.

Nat

jackpilot

I'm worried you may turn into a Bat, ..Nat
:D

Jack

XOrionFE

That is one incredible looking picture Nat!   Can't tell it from real...even on your projectors! ::)

Scott

Nat Crea

Thanks Scott! XP Dawn/Dusk/Night is nuts.

Jack..you make me LAUGH

Nat

RayS

Melnato~

What is your hardware config? I am looking to do exactly what you have but I am concerned that I might need to buy 2 additional supercomputers in addition to the 3 projectors. I don;t mind spending the money but it seems such a waste to get into 2 more pieces of big iron.

Do you experience that weird fisheye effect at the left/right edges?

Ray Sotkiewicz

Nat Crea

Hi Ray,

When I had XPlane running, I did indeed have 3 "super computers" driving one view
each with no weird stretching/fisheye effect. You can see from my pictures earlier in this post.
I cant comment on Immersive Displays new Plug-in and how it will look, sorry.

Nat

737SimGuy

Hi,

I use the Immersive Display Pro X-Plane plugin "MultiView" and I can say that I love it! I have three projectors interfaced to a single I7 computer with a nVidia GTX580 card and it looks beautiful. I had to adjust my rendering settings, but without much compromise in eye-candy I am getting between 20 to 60 FPS. No distortion and VERY easy to setup.

:2cw:

James

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate