Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
51 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Boeing building 737s at a rate of 38 a month

Started by fsaviator, April 17, 2013, 01:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsaviator

It's taken me three years to partially finish just my cockpit.  Boeing is now building 38 full 737s a month.

http://youtu.be/Vn66hsC-boM

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

scottx-plane

rhysb

Interesting video! I would like to see one of the Boeing team try and build one of our sims!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Joe Lavery

Hi guys,

I recently had the chance to spend a day at the British Airways repair facility in Cardiff (where I live). The facility can take 5 - 747 aircraft at once.
I watched for a while as they stripped the cockpit for an upgrade, you should see these guys work. I also had a short while in the cockpit of another 747, I was surprised at now much more space there was than in the 737. Sadly I couldn't get any souvenirs.  :(
The fuselage is absolutely enormous without all the seats, luggage bins and dividing panels. I even got to sit in one of those private first class cubicles, I'm sure I'll never be able to afford to fly in that class of seat. It's a bit anti social in some ways, like sitting in some sort of escape capsule.

They let me take some pictures but only on the agreement that I wouldn't put them in the magazine or on the net, not sure why to be honest but I gave my word so I won't abuse the trust.  :-X

A very pleasant and interesting day I must say, great to get that close to all the component parts. The gantries around the fuselage allow you to walk over the wings and down each side.

Good hosts the BA staff, they spent a lot of time showing the two of us round, patiently answering questions.
A great day.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Sean

Joe, I had a similar opportunity at LHR a few years ago. It was when Concorde was grounded and one was in there getting it's Kevlar lining installed in the fuel tanks. We also clambered all over a 747 and a 777.

They didn't say anything about us not publishing pics, so here's what inside Concorde's wing looks like (they let us stick our heads in)!

N737AG

You are a very lucky person ... being able to climb into the Concorde's fuel tank ..... OMG

Axel

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate