Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
149 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

test run 4

Started by arwinpoon, November 14, 2009, 07:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arwinpoon

Gday,
This is my first time posting a video. I have been building on and off for about 2 years. Obviously im far from finishing, but im going to stop for now and enjoy the flying. Im not a real pilot so please sorry if my procedures are all wrong. Theres still bugs to iron out. This video is dedicated to a very special friend of mine who resides in California , and also a member of this site. Phil Golchin  (philb737)has at times put his own building aside to help me out and always ready on the phone.
Just thinking how great this hobby is , I found a friend on the other side of the world whom I have never met in person and shares the same interest, and we almost talk 3-4 times a week.
Wait until you guys see his sim. Talk about "as real as it gets"

Old Hongkong

ivar hestnes

WOW

I really enjoyed this one. Very impressive setup you have there. How have you done your visuals? Looks awesome.

Thanks for posting the video.
:)

Trevor Hale

I couldn't agree with you more Ivar.  His Visuals are outstanding..  Man if I could get my visuals to look like that, I would give up on building and do more flying myself LOL.

Great Job..

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

arwinpoon

Its a curve screen 4.5m radius about 1.7 high. Obviously Sol7. Nothing that hasnt been done before by more and more people here. It would be nice with blending and a fast computer that can handle FSX well!!.

arwinpoon

This was another earlier video I posted.This is using the scenery from FTX. Great scenery.

737ng Yssy-ystw

Bob Reed

Is this FSX or FS9? Wow!!!!

Boeing Skunk Works

Wow, that was amazingly realistic. Just...wow.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

XOrionFE

OMG  :P

This is SOOOOOOOO inspiring!   Awesome videos.  Gotta get down in my shop now and get something done!!

Thank you for posting and nice setup!

arwinpoon

Bob, its FSX!! with addons

Bob Reed

Sean

You say a 4.5m radius curved screen. Are you saying a full 180' view would be 9m wide, or am I picking this up wrong?

Great setup BTW.

arwinpoon

Apologies. Its actually 4.5m diameter

Sean

LOL!

Thanks for clarifying. I'm a little bit more optimistic it'll fit into my plans now.

Best

Sean

XOrionFE

when you get a chance can you post some more details about your sim?

Would like to know what addons you have on FSX as your visuals look stunning.   Also, a little more about your visuals setup such as the type of projectors, screen setup, etc.     

Again, Very nice setup and thank you for the inspirational video.

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate