Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 09:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
58 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-200 project updates

Started by dc8flightdeck, August 08, 2013, 06:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc8flightdeck

The first three minutes shows the cockpit with the computers off and most of the korry lights on. Then the video shows the cockpit overhead functions from cold cockpit to engine start with electrical meter responses.

737 Overhead review

Sam Llorca

727737Nut

Great video!   Great job on the pit!   Gotta love that 400Hz whine dont' ya! lol   I used to hear it in my sleep when i was building my 727 sim using real parts.   Keep up the great work.
Rob
737 Junkie

dc8flightdeck

There is no mistaking the sound of a 400hz inverter lol!  ;D The sim pulls enough power that I had to connect two 28v DC power supplies to the inverter. I have three 10 amp diodes on each lead to the inverter, otherwise the diodes get too hot.

XOrionFE

This has got to be the most impressive cockpit I have ever seen.  OMG...I am still trying to pick my lower jaw up off the floor.  Absolutely fantastic Justin!  I could smell the jet fuel as I watched the video.  Love the steam gauges and the engine start....again....drooling!

More please!

Scott

dc8flightdeck

Thats very kind of you. I know of airline simulators that are more functional but this one is very nice for a classic cockpit.

We have plans to add a nice large 5 screen external LED visual display system at some point.

Jusitn

727737Nut

How many lines in your SIOC code now? :)   Are you going to use real HSI's in the future?  I need to see this in person some day!
Rob
737 Junkie

dc8flightdeck

There are a few pages of script, nothing too advanced since Im a complete sub amature script writer.  :o

At this point Im more interested in interfacing the  Flight Director needles than replacing the glass HSI.

philb737

Great job Justin,
Wow!!!One of the best sim's I've seen so far, my hat is off to you sir! It brings back a lot of good memories, thank you for sharing.
Cheers
Phil :)
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

tote_320

Totally amazing!

Please we want more! LOL

dc8flightdeck

Here is video of the overhead speaker and hand mike system test with PilotEdge.
737 sim hand mike test 2013

dc8flightdeck

A friend took some cool pics in the sim today.

Sam Llorca

Maurice

Absolutely amazing and beautiful!!!  :cheers:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

dc8flightdeck

Another video update!

Installing the com system has been interesting, with working headsets, hand mics, and overhead speakers with independant volume controls. All integrated to the computer for live ATC communications via the internet. Plus there is voice activated commands for computer ground crew interaction with GSX. Its all connected with a 6 output intercom with 2 jacks for rear seat observers and a jack at the radome to allow communication to inside the cockpit.

United 737-200 takeoff

dc8flightdeck

I moved the Go-Pro to a new angle which worked well. You can see the glide slope lights in action and hear the glide slope audio, which is all SIOC.  Thanks a million to the help here with the glideslope offset values!

The fire system is also all SIOC which is triggered by a random SIOC timer.

SIOC also controlles small vibration motors in each seat so that we can feel the sim touch down on landings and we feel the landing gear transition.

The red light that is visible through the upper window is the new rotating beacon that is mounted outside the cockpit and is actually controlled inside by the proper toggle switch.

GOPro 737 engine fire test

fly_ebos

Awesome!

How did you manage interfacing all these real parts?

Thomas

727737Nut

Quote from: fly_ebos on February 08, 2015, 10:49:32 PM
Awesome!

Thomas

Black Magic!!  LOL  Just kidding, it's not that hard with the modern interfaces we have at our disposal now days. Combination of servvo's, PWM, DC voltages and Synchro inputs.   The hardest part for me was and still is getting documentation.

Rob
737 Junkie

dc8flightdeck

Quote from: fly_ebos on February 08, 2015, 10:49:32 PM
Awesome!

Thomas

Research, lots and lots of research.  :rock:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate