Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
504 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 499
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from CRJ builder

Started by crjsim, August 24, 2013, 01:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crjsim

Hi everyone,

I am building a crj200 cockpit using x plane 10 64bit. Up to now I have built only the captains side using 5 ipads as display screens alongside a projector for scenery.

Due to a home extension, I have put this sim in storage for now pending a complete rebuild using the majority of real parts from 200. V2 will be the complete cockpit.

I look forward to speaking to you guys. If you have time check my progress on www.crjsim.com

Speak soon no doubt.

Andy

Kennair

Hi Andy and welcome to the cockpitbuilders forum.  The CRJ is a nice looking jet, good luck with the build, unfortunately you'll have to get creative with some of the avionics software.  I see you're using Manolo at Hispapanels as a hardware source, great for panels of all kinds, just bought a pile from him myself.  Look forward to seeing updates.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

crjsim

Thanks Ken. The toughest bit for sure is locating parts for the CRJ, and I would love to get a second yoke. I was using a 6 iPad system running Airtrack, but now am temporarily shifting to xhsi. I know this is not completely accurate but does give clearer displays in the short term.

I have managed to secure many real parts for the cockpit and hope to be making a start with v2 panel soon. Check my site for v1, designed for iPad displays. (That is now for sale if anyone wants a head start with crj project)

I sometimes wonder why I chose the crj, as much as I love it. I suppose I like challenges. A 737 may have been more sensible. I guess that ignorance can be bliss sometimes.

All the best
Andy

rprather

You've done an impressive job working with the parts you have! When I first started building, my choice was between the Pilatus PC-12 and the CRJ. The CRJ is such a beautiful aircraft. In the absence of information and real parts, I often wonder too why I chose the 777... but honestly, every single part I find or fabricate feels like a reason to celebrate. Almost every switch, button and panel in my sim has its own story. It takes a lot longer to build, but the reward/feeling is unexplainable and it forces you to learn every single switch, structural component, etc.

Excellent work you've done. I encourage you to continue with the CRJ and be sure to post updates!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate