Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:02:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
502 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 499
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 502
Total: 503

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New 737-800 build on brand new type of motion platform

Started by flyboy570, October 14, 2013, 01:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyboy570

Hi Guys and also the few girls their might be out there!

this is my first post, just to introduce my self, and what we are up to, I am a current sim trainer working mostly on the full motion 747-400, and have taken VR from Thomson to do my own thing, (fed up with feeling over tired doing constant night flights).

Crazy things are fun, so being slightly crazy myself, I have decided to open a sim centre down in the south west of England near Exeter, and have partnered up with a military simulator manufacture down in Totnes, the plan is to build a 737 on one of their unique motion platforms, used up to now only only helicopter sims ( if you want to see them go to Sfsimulation.com).

all of us are new to the concept of building a civilian sim, hence after lots of research, we approach Pete cos for most of the parts, the trouble we are having is they do not provide much documentation with things like the wiring of the overhead panel, so any info from you guys would be most gratefully received.

The initial plan is to start it of as a JOC/entertainment sim, but to look at seeing if with further work it could be upgraded to allow use as a MCC teaching aid.

Once complete any one would be welcome down here to come and see it operating on the platform.

As I said before, we are starting to build up a bank of questions, some fairly minor, some major, so if any of you have done this particular build before, we would love to talk and try and get some answers to the ever increasing questions.

For those of you who are interested in seeing the platforms, and you are in the UK, I can organise a visit, just need to clear it with the others involved.

thanks

Andy

rhysb

Andy

Welcome to the forum. I have a 737 sim as well and I am based just over the border in sunny Somerset so any questions please feel free to ask or PM me.

Hope the build goes well. You have chosen well with peter cos at FDS.

What software and flightsim are you using?

Thanks

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

flyboy570

Hi Rhys

Yes I would love to talk some time, great to see you are local.

Andy

Andrew 737

Hi Andy

If you want 'real' plug and play look at the CP Flight range of hardware - I think FDS stuff is compatible.

Whatever you cannot get from CP I am sure the FDS stuff will fit.

Good luck on your noble journey
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

fdspcos

Andy,
Before I publicly discuss this scenario I strongly suggest you contact me when we are back from our thanksgiving holiday up here In Canada..
Look forward to talking with you about these points you make above. I should actually cover my side of this scenario here to cover your claims.. Absurd....
but I will avoid that for the time being.
Not impressed.
Peter

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate