Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
109 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 109
Total: 110

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

It has started!

Started by Bob Reed, October 25, 2013, 01:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well I heard from All Children's Hospital today and donations have started to come in! Thanks to you who have donated! I should have a figure before we start the event.

FredK

Yes...Let's not lose sight of the opportunity here not only to have some fun and comradery, but also to raise funds for a very worthwhile charity. I did a blanket e-mail this week to just about everyone in my contact list as follows:

Hi All -

As many of you may be aware I am a passionate flight simulation enthusiast with a full-scale replica cockpit of a Boeing 737NG-800 aircraft in my home.  During the week of November 3 I will be participating on the USA team for the WorldFlight 2013 charity event to benefit the Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Foundation.  The event involves flying 45 flight segments that will circumnavigate the world during this one week period.  The flying will be in a full scale motion simulator in real time around the clock under real ATC communication procedures.  I will be personally flying 8 of the segments as either pilot or first officer. The details of this event and our charity beneficiary can be found at the following link:

Cockpitbuilders Worldflight Team USA

I urge that you consider a donation to the All Children's Hospital that can be easily made following the link. Please note:  If you do decide to donate please enter "WorldFlight Team USA Donation" in the "personal message" area of the donation form.  That is important so we can get an accurate tally of the total contributions that we have raised via the event.

Using the above link you can also follow the team's flight progress during the week and view real-time operational activities via a webcam mounted in the cockpit.  My specific flight schedule assignments are posted within the link.

Again, I urge that you consider making a donation to the All Children's Hospital.

Many thanks,
Fred

Feel free to plagiarize!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Bob Reed

Wow Fred, that is impressive! THank you so much!

Trevor Hale

Wow this is fantastic. I did a similar email to my coworkers

Good afternoon everyone,

It's that time of year again that I prepare for another charity event.  Some of you may remember I went to Jamaica in March to build houses in the slums for the poor. This time it is my pleasure to announce my participation in Worldflight for 2013.  Departing on November 3rd at 2200hrs (UTC) I will be at the helm of a full motion Boeing 737 Simulator (picture Below). The official name for the team I am leading is "Cockpitbuilders Wolrdflight Team USA".  The simulator is located in Sarasota, FL and I am in charge of a crew of 15 Pilots all travelling to Sarasota from around the world for the event.  The simulator will operate nonstop for 7 days making flights 24 hours a day raising money for our selected Charity.

Due to the fact the Owner of the simulator is located in Sarasota, and he is graciously hosting the event at his home we have asked him to select the charity. The charity he selected is the "All Children's Hospital" in St. Petersburg, Florida. The hospital has special meaning to him and his young children.

I have created a short 5 minute video commemorating the event, and you can watch that here.

For those of you wishing to support my team and the cause,  you can please visit http://worldflight.cockpitbuilders.com.  The sponsorship and donations can be directed to me, or can be handled directly through our website to the hospital donation portal.  100% of the donations goto the hospital.

Also, if you wish to watch us fly, you will be able to watch the 24hour live cockpit video feed with full audio through the above website from November 3rd to the 10th.

Note though I will have to bring their donations as their website doesn't accept donations from Canadians
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate