Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:57:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
262 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 509
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 262
Total: 262

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Newbie here !

Started by jorge, January 04, 2014, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorge

Hello everyone: Happy 2014 !
Newbie here trying to build a 737NG (737-800) cockpit. So far, I have the FDS MIP,Autopilot, landing gear lever, and just finished ordering the 737 TQ.. My next purchase will probably be the yoke.... Anyways, from what I see, it is going to be a major accomplishment 4 me!  :o I am having nightmares already regarding the wiring for the MIP! the rotary switches wiring has frozen me .... :huh: I will do the best I can visiting YOUTUBE and FDS site, but I may need some assistance on here from time to time. :P   So, let me get started!  Geronimo !!!!!

Jetcos

Start off with a Digital Volt Meter (DVM) so you can check "continuity" on the rotary switches. Center pin is Common and use the meter to check each position. When the rotary position is tested the DVM will sound. Turn teh switch to the next position and test the next pin on the rotary and so on.  Same applies to toggles.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

jackpilot

If your rotary has no special connector and if you use the SysCards for interfacing just solder a black wire to the common (ground) and as many wires as necessary to the active position lugs of the rotary.
As long as you respect the rule of one common ground for  8 actives  on each  syscard input connector your are OK.
The Syscard soft will later identify each connection and let you name it and assign any function you choose. All well explained in the SysCard manual.

The picture below is the autobrake (Ignore the annunciator wiring)

Here are 6 active positions (identified as Steve mentionned) wired in blue + one black common, which is within the 1 for 8 rule above.

Jack

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate