Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:01:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
512 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 504
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 512
Total: 512

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello Everyone!

Started by TomAnderson, March 14, 2014, 09:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomAnderson

First I would like to get it out in the open, I am in sales for UAM. So yes, I am here to sell.

I would also like to say that I have always wanted to get into sim building. I used to be a  Residential Framer of 20yrs.  Then last year my wife came home and said I did not have to build houses anymore  :)

Well, I decided to chase my dream of aviation. I started out pulling parts for UAM. During that time I met an awesome simbuilder, who is letting me help him build a 747.  I am now HOOKED. 

UAM offered a private pilot ground school to the employees, so naturally I jumped at the chance. The CEO started class off with a surprise, Free 40hrs instruction for the highest grade. After a lot of studying and a long wait, I Won!!!

I am a workaholic and love to help people. So, if you guys need something I will do my best to make it happen.

Thanks,
Tom

Garys

Excellent project your helping out on Tom and welcome to the group.

I have bought parts from Tom and can say that it has been a pleasure dealing with him. He will bend over backwards to get us the parts we need at the prices we want.

Cheers
Gary

TomAnderson

Thanks Gary,
  I wish they were better prices. I do have to fight with the boss though. :)

727737Nut

Hi Tom,
Do you have a website link or contact info?
Thanks,
Rob
737 Junkie

TomAnderson

Hello Rob,
  My email is tanderson@uaminc.com   ph. 662-213-3756

Thanks,
Tom

blueskydriver

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the CB! So, how long have you been at UAM? Were you there in Pocahontas, Arkansas and moved to Tupelo with them, or did you start in Tupelo? I've been to both places already buying seats (Tupelo) and a B727-200 Cockpit Section (Pocahontas).

It was nice meeting everyone at both places; maybe, we've met before? I was that crazy guy in the wheelchair from Wisconsin. If not, give it time and we likely will...lol.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

TomAnderson

Hello John,
  I started in Tupelo in Oct. 2012. Then they moved me  to the warehouse in Shannon MS.
   Do you have any pics of your project?

-Tom

sstusek

Hi Tom,

You have just stepped into the cage with lions hungry for aircraft parts  ;D

I must say I also had the pleasure of buying parts from Tom and... as Gary said Tom is prepared to go the extra mile to get you the parts you need! It is a real pleasure dealing with him and the rest of UAM crew.
Thanks for providing a little bit of reality, as nothing beats the real deal!

Regards,
Simon

TomAnderson

Thank you Simon,

I really do try, unfortunately the real deal can be expensive. Fighting with the boss can frustrating.

I do have to admit, it is very rewarding helping someone gets what they need, and then to see pictures of it in their sim.

Do you have any pics yet Simon?

I just finished the second clear coat on the 747 I am helping with.

sstusek

Hi Tom,
Well here are some pictures, I didn`t get far! As you can see I have some "minor" problems with the existing wooden structure. I'm still working on the new ribs so the shell will take the weight of the overhead. I am slowly getting there (genuine shell would come in handy  ;D).

Regards,
Simon

TomAnderson

Hello Simon,
  Nice pics, I thought you had an A320 shell donated to you club. The ones we have are super expensive.
Thanks,
Tom

sstusek

Yes, we have A320 shell but that shell is used for another simulator now.
Here is the picture of the process...

Regards,
Simon

TomAnderson

Nice one!!! 

I would be so  excited. My wife would have to drag me away from it. :)

blueskydriver

Hi Tom,

Here is our link to the B737 sim; although, the pics are old and many things have been changed:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1420.msg10961#msg10961

Here is the B727 cockpit pics, this is the one we got from Pocahontas:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1421.msg10804#msg10804

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

TomAnderson

That looks like a lot of fun. I like how the van is pulling the cockpit. ROAD TRIP!!!

jackpilot

Hi Tom
Just'n case
I've been looking for that timer for years now.
And I refuse to use a kitchen timer.
If you ever see one...its for me.!
:D
Jack

Jack

TomAnderson

Hello Jack,
  We have one of this part number. It came from a 747-400 (N894DB)

I am waiting to hear back from the boss on what to quote it at.
Thanks,
Tom

TomAnderson

Hello Jack,
  Here is a few pictures while we wait on the boss for a quote.
Thanks,
Tom

TomAnderson

Hello Jack,
  My PM's don't seem to be going through. Would you mind shooting me an email.
Thanks,
Tom

jackpilot

Got your PMs
Sent you an Email

Jack

fsaviator

Uh oh...  Jack may have a new toy...  will this be the item that takes over for the 1 inch gauge?
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jackpilot

Nothing will EVER beat rewiring the 1" gauge....
:D

Jack

TomAnderson

What exactly is a 1" gauge?

I am new to this and would like to know the options 

One day I will be building my sim and definitely will not be able to use real parts.

jackpilot

Here it is..in all its glory !!!   :D :D

Jack

TomAnderson

Looks Great to me.  That is a Very nice setup.

I thought Warren meant there was a gauge where the timer is supposed to be

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate