Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
129 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

J-Rail Project for my 737 Sim

Started by sagrada737, July 21, 2014, 01:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hi Folks,

I mentioned a while back that I was working on a J-Rail design for my 737-800 Sim Project.   As it goes with all of us, we have lots of things to get accomplished in life, and sometimes the Sim Project has to take a lower priority among other projects and "honey do's" that need to get done around the house.  In all this, I managed to finalize and complete the J-Rail design and  assemble the Captain side J-Rail.

The J-Rails turned out to be quite a project in themselves!  Everything always takes longer than expected, and that goes double for anything associated with a Sim Project.  Anyway, I thought I would share the finished result on the Captain J-Rail system. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyUUiiGedPI&feature=youtu.be

The parts were designed and machined using CAD/CAM.  The material is primarily steel plate to make the system a bit more rugged and durable.  I made enough parts for two complete J-Rail systems.  Here is a video showing how the project came together, with some detail on the various parts.  I am really pleased how the J-Rail system functions.  They will be a good addition to my 737-800 Flight Deck.  Now...  it's back to working on the 6dof motion system testing.

Enjoy the video.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Lwarnell01

Good afternoon, are selling your J rail design, or is there a way you can share your design with me for my 737 sim....Thanks

kurt-olsson

If your selling i might be interested! :)

FredK

That really looks terrific Mike!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate