Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
155 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

X-Plane, Arduino and ARDref plug...

Started by RayS, January 12, 2015, 06:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

Finally got X-Plane to 'talk' to my Arduino 256-Mega.

Looking back on the problem it was a relatively simple one to solve, but it did not come easily. More like it was pulled kicking and screaming to a solution.

In short I can now get any X-Plane Dataref and send it to a 2-line LCD display via ethernet. Right now I'm pulling L/R fuel tank levels and flap lever position.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Ray Sotkiewicz

Trevor Hale

Thats awesome Ray, I know how good it felt when I got my Arduino talking to flightsim.  Yes, I need to use the Comms Software Link2FS but still its amazing. 
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

flyinjake

RayS,

I have been working on my simpit and xplane for about a year now. I am using Vlads software with ARDref and Arduino. SO far its been good even though I am a newbie.

I have two sainsmart boards in bound today. Planning to use them to power leds in some of the buttons that I have.

Please share your experiences (lessons learned).

Jake

RayS

Leesons learned... hoo-boy!

Where to start....

If you use Arduino dev environment: When you install the development tools, always install into the default directories it chooses for you. The tool isn't matureenough to automagically know where all those libraries and plugin directories are, (Or maybe it's the libraries themselves that are directory-unaware) Either way, don't stray from the norm.

Start small: Get one gear spinning at a time rather than the entire watch. It's save you headaches in th elong run.

If you get the "out_1" file wrong or put in an invalid parameter, X-plane will simply crash.. .this is a good thing. :-)

Load X-Plane, plug in your microcontroller, load your code, then look to see if X-Plane sees the IP address of your controller. If it does, you're 99% there.

The rest to come tonight after I think more on this over a few beers. :-)

Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate