Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:30:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
44 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Regional Jet simulation / Learsim videos

Started by Per Alm, February 03, 2010, 04:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

Great job on the videos. I love flying in the Alps.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Bob Reed

Nice videos. Thank you for taking the time to share them.

jackpilot

Great...giving me the kick in the butt needed to speed up finishing the beast, and enjoy that great feeling...
What kind of ATC did you use?

Jack

Per Alm

Quote from: jackpilot on February 03, 2010, 08:46:03 AM
Great...giving me the kick in the butt needed to speed up finishing the beast, and enjoy that great feeling...
What kind of ATC did you use?

Thanks!!
I use Radar Contact 4.3. Eagerly waiting for version 5 to arrive :)

Best Regards
Per Alm

Per Alm

jackpilot

RC4: do you have it on the main computer or on a client?

Jack

Per Alm

Quote from: jackpilot on February 03, 2010, 11:13:10 AM
RC4: do you have it on the main computer or on a client?

We use it on a client. I can truly recommend that setup. Now we have the ATC separated from the rest of the sounds. We also have a small audio selector panel where we can switch between a mono speaker and headphones for the ATC. I love to have the ATC on the headphones - it feels very realistic. Also if you use a separate ATC program you can use the Adventure Display plugin for FSUIPC so that you can have the ATC text on a separate screen/client. We use a small screen for ATC text that's built into a "ATC radio managing unit" with pushbuttons for ATC input. No more computer keyboards in the cockpit! I can also recommend the edited audio files for Radar Contact from Meatwater. He made all, over 80000 wavs, more realistic by adding some noise to them making them sound more like true "VHF/COM sounds". I think the files are up again at AVSIM. You should try to find the most recent set devided into 10 parts. I truly recommend this if you like  Radar Contact. The Meatwater soundset really makes it all much more realistic. I really hope there will be a 5th version of Radar Contact - this will be a "must have all time high" :D

Regards

Per Alm
Per Alm

jackpilot

I have it but did not implemented it yet.
I was planning to have ATC text showing on the FO CDU screen which is a dummy.
Will look into the voices file.
Keep in touch.
jp

Jack

Kennair

Great vids Per.  I can't wait to get the 777 into those hilltop runways too.

I can also vouch for Radar Contact.  If you can't or don't want to venture into online ATC this addon is a must for IFR flights.  Very realistic and the Meatwater sound files do a great job of tarting it up.  I too run this across a network for greater sound flexibility and performance.  I believe John Dekker is feverishly working on version 5.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jackpilot

Tried to download the Meatwater files on Avsim. I found them  but apparently they are not avail right now. ?!

Jack

Per Alm

Quote from: jackpilot on February 05, 2010, 07:33:16 AM
Tried to download the Meatwater files on Avsim. I found them  but apparently they are not avail right now. ?!

You could also try Flightsim. I had difficulties finding them earlier but I think I got them from avsim. Search on google!!

I don't know if it's possible for me to send them to you would there be any copywright issues?? The files are freeware.......

Regards  /  Per
Per Alm

Per Alm

One more video uploaded. This video is focused on showing the different parts of the cockpit.

Regional Jet Simulation - Cockpit.wmv

Regards

Per
Per Alm

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate