Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
59 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 63
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wideview and Airport Lighting

Started by Michael_B737_ATP, October 04, 2016, 09:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Everyone,

I getting Wideview and WideTraffic setup on P3D3.4 and I'm having an issue with airport approach lighting, the lighting works fine on the server, but not on the clients.

Thanks
Mike

jonesthesoftware

Hi Mike
Wideview is only intended to synch the outside view. For landing,runway lights connect the switches to a bu0836 card connected to the client only and assign as joystick switches
Regards
Geoff
Building a 767 cockpit

FredK

Mike

Can you elaborate more specifically regarding your problem......

When you speak of "airport approach lighting" what do you specifically mean?  For example, with WideView you should see the ground illuminated on each client outside view with landing lights turned on on the server as normal.  You will also see approach runway lighting etc.as normal.  There is no need to configure any switches separately on the clients for those.

One caveat.....I am using P3D 3.3.5, but I doubt any of that is changed for 3.4.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Fred,

On the server I get rain, snow and the various Airport Approach (ALSF, MALSF - etc) Lighting Systems. I do not get the lighting on the clients (Note: all other lighting works fine), nor do I get the rain and snow effect. I tried updating the clients date and time as well as the weather, I just don't get the visuals on the clients.

Thanks
Mike

iwik

deleted

FredK

Mike

That is very odd.  I have never had any problems with lighting or weather not appearing on the clients.

It appears that there are data packets that are not being received by the clients.  You can check that in the WV config. Have you tried setting the network boost feature to "on" in the WV config in that regard?

The one thing I would strongly suggest though is that you use FS Global Real Weather for your weather.  FSGRW injects weather into the clients totally independent of WideView via a network bridge (in the WV weather settings you check no weather). Two reasons for that recommendation.....it syncs weather perfectly across the clients and will also give you a noticeable boost in overall performance since WV is relieved of the weather burden.  It may help solve your problem if it is computer performance related. FSGRW is not expensive and is easy to setup and use.  You can quickly test this premise by just turning off the weather in the WV weather config to see if it helps with the lighting.  If it does help then keep the weather off and setup FSGRW for your weather.

If your problem is network related you might also try setting up a dual network configuration.  That is, install a second NIC card in each computer and set the IPs for it as 10.0.0.xxx.  That is the way I have it...I tend to believe it gives me a little extra boost regarding data flow.  By all means ensure that you have your computers identified with static IP addresses no matter what.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate