Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:05:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
62 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Urgent request for OEM measurement from a real 737 floor

Started by kattz, January 22, 2021, 07:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattz

Please, I need some accurate measurements from someone with a real shell or who can access a real shell.  Getting ready to weld steel next weekend and can only afford to do this ONCE.

Please provide the following three measurements:

With the columns vertical, what is the distance from the fwd edge of the columns to the first vertical surface of the heel slides?

If you can adjust the rudder pedals fully aft towards the crew seat, with the rudder centered, what is the distance from the rear edge of the bottom of the pedal to the vertical columns?

With the pedals in this position and adjusted fully aft towards the crew seat, what is the height from the bottom of the pedal to the heel slide?

Please see attached worksheet.

This is critical to my build.  If anyone can help, I would sincerely appreciate it.

PS Markus' measurements in his PDF are not acccurate enough.  No input conditions.

Thanks!

Trevor Hale

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

kattz

Trevor, thanks for that info.

I have that document.  It's not accurate in the aspects that I'm asking about.

Thanks.

Garys

I can probably get you the measurements later in the week but I don't know if I will be able to put hydraulics on which will change the centre position of the yoke. (Alot of our aircraft are in storage and heaven forbid years from now we have a repeat of a pompous self entitled drunk member who feels the need to point out the blatantly obvious)

kattz

Not sure who the drunk guy was, but I really appreciate that offer.

I have an idea about this.  I looked at some photos of stripped NG cockpits.

I have the columns mounted, and the driving factor is where the rudder pedal covers go and the rudder pedals go under them.

So I dug out of my bin o' crap the seals for the columns that screw onto the floor.  The pedal covers butt against the cutout edge of the seal ring.

If I know where the columns are, and where the pedal covers go in relation to that, then I need to rig the pedals for the correct height and ensure that they are in a position where when adjusted fully fwd or fully aft, there is no interference between the pedals and the arc cut into the covers.

Going to rig it up during this week.  Got some 3/8" cardboard that will hold screws and I can tape/screw it up without breaking out the saw.

Thanks, Gary.

FredK

Gary...a thought.....

Have you considered visiting a commercial 737 simulator?

For example.....There is a 737 flight simulator that was decommissioned and moved to the Delta Flight Museum at KATL. You can fly it for an extra fee.

I visited there a few years back and started a conversation with the guy who was on station operating it.  Once I mentioned I had a 737 cockpit in my basement it was like we were reunited long lost friends.  We got to discussing all things 737, and he invited me in to look around and even let me fly it for free.  I took some quick measurements for my side wall panels which I was fabricating at the time.

My point is that you have a lot invested to this point, you appear to be a perfectionist, and you are only going to weld one time.  So it might be worth a trip there or somewhere closer to where you are located. You need to determine accessibility restrictions due to COVID of course.

Perhaps someone here with a real 737 cockpit could help on this??

Just a thought.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

kattz

That's a good idea, Fred.  Unfortunately, my wife's health will not allow me to get away for a few days.  But I appreciate it!

Karl737

Hi Kevin,

I own a real NG flight deck (ex Austrian Airlines OE-LNL) and can get you those measurements tomorrow.

Regards,
Karl

kattz

Thanks, Karl, much appreciated!

I sent you a PM.

Thank you!

kattz

I just wanted to give a huge thanks to Karl for helping me with the dims that I needed to jig up my OEM rudder and brake mechanicals.  This part of my project would have been impossible without his help!

The linkages and quadrant is from a B744 being scrapped at Tupelo, MS.  I have all linkages and bus links for both sides.  Thanks, Tom!

The covers and slides are from a SAS B736 - thanks to Boy Bruin!

This has machined parts not visible and is bolted to really thick, heavy container cardboard.  Never underestimate the power of hot glue...

The quadrant stops and center rig pins are installed for the test rig.  The brake pedal links are staked and zip tied in their upright neutral position to provide reliable accuracy in measurement.

This floor will have a 14" finished height and there will be a 3" "hump" for the quadrant and artificial feel ballscrew/servo just fwd of the FDS shell.

Karl737

Hi Kevin,

Your work looks fantastic!

Glad I was able to help 😊

Cheers,
Karl.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate