Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
95 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

"Cockpit Builders Members Labor Day Weekend Check-In"

Started by blueskydriver, July 30, 2018, 06:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Time for the annual Cockpit Builders Labor Day Weekend Check-In!

Yes, it's a month away yet, but unlike last year where I was late in posting the notice, I want too be early. That way the word gets out much sooner!!

What is the Cockpit Builders Members Labor Day Weekend Check-In all about?

Well, it's basically designed to encourage everyone to continue with their cockpit projects and not give up, nor let it set idle. Also, it's to encourage everyone to all come together at a given time frame and have one of those days be a new record amount of members all logged in at the same time.

Plus, the saying of "strength in numbers" is very true in this hobby, so when we all virtually come together for a weekend, it motivates old and new members to remember that you're not alone. Instead, IMHO, it says even though you feel like you're doing something only few dare to do (buiding a cockpit), there are others like you spread out in the world that go through similar things that you do. I will not list them all, but here are a few to say the least:

Who else thinks I'm crazy?
What will my spouse or significant other say?
When will it ever be finished?
Where do I buy things like this?
Why am I doing this?
How can I afford this?

Anyway, during the check-in weekend you can post whatever you like or just say "checking-in". Personally, I'd also like too see just one pic of everyone's project from a wide-shot perspective. Be it a fullsize cockpit or desktop setup, just post a pic of it, and if you don't have a setup yet, post where your eventual setup will be located.

More or less all of this is to keep the conversations and old/new topics going, as well as to show we're a community that shares a common interest. Yet, it also helps flight simulation software and hardware companies when they're deciding what to develop or make to sell "us" in the coming years.

In other words, the annual event of the "Cockpit Builders Labor Day Weekend Check-In" helps all of us in the flight simulation community to keep this hobby alive and thriving...so, please login during Labor Day Weekend!

Kind Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

HEY EVERYONE,

It's Labor Day Weekend Check-In starting now! Just post in this thread and say checking in or whatever you like...also please pass the word around for people you know that are members, but rarely login to the website...

Happy Labor Day Everybody!

John

RayS

B1900D is still in the hangar, albeit the NEW one!

I'll be working on the rudder pedal project until completion. It's what's holding me up with rebuilding the rest of the sim.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Jason L

Converting my 727 Trainer to a 737 NG is coming along...slowly but surely.  Downloading a bunch of pictures today to do some updates.  Hope to get them posted here later.

Also hoping to get my MIP and Glareshield mounted this weekend in the cockpit.

blueskydriver

Thanks guys for posting...

For everyone else, in the past Labor Day Weekend was the time when a lot of builders started working on their sims more often because it's the end of summer per se. Yes, it's a USA holiday, but it's the only one I could think of that the whole world could celebrate together when regarding this hobby.

Thus, if you're working on your project this weekend hit this thread up and check-in. Say whatever you like, as well as if you need any help at all this is the time to ask for it; especially, new members should ask those questions that may seem simple to others, but not to you just yet...also there are no stupid questions on this website.

Hopefully, on Monday we'll have a lot of people logged in all day long. The start time will be 12:00pm GMT Monday and will go until 12:00pm GMT Tuesday, in order to cover all time zones.

Kind Regards Everyone,

John

PS I'd like to propose an offical holiday the world over for flight simulation, simulator pilots (cockpit builders and/or desktop flyers). Needs too be something we can get the whole community across the board to take part in. The question is how do we start it and what date do you think is the best? What's you thoughts on this?  :idiot:

n4208t

Two dates for consideration:

1.Wright Bros first powered flight - December 17 (1903)

2.Release of the first Sublogic Flight Sim software (the predecessor of Microsoft Flight Simulator) in January 1979.  Have not been able to track down the actual date.  First Microsoft FS was released in November of 1982 and could also be a reasonable date if the actual day can be found.

Steve (n4208t)

Not doing any real work on the sim this weekend but will be flying.

Trevor Hale

Last full week staying at camp only have 4 weeks left of camping season and will be starting my live streams again soon.

Keep an eye out for it.

As for those of you enjoying you last long weekend of the summer ( yes it's a long weekend in Canada also)

Enjoy it and may the summer stay as long as it possibly can.

I hate snow lol

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

al23

Unlike most cockpit builders here, I'm taking small steps. Manage to get a book Almost Aviation and gave me confidence to build something. finally got me a interface card GPwiz40 based on tronaviation recommendation. I wanted to get the Leo Bodnar cards but cost was too prohibitive. I did hook up the card to my Saitek handles buttons from cocksimparts. Was pretty happy with that small feat. Also built a box to hold both Saitek Throttles at tilted 45 degrees.planning to finishing up the box with parking brake handles and lights, fuel levers, stabilizer trim. Plan to use micro switches and toggle switch. I'm still not sure how to hook up the parking brake light. My card had 5v output but not sure how to turn it on when parking brake is engaged. Maybe I'll hook it up separately to a battery with a switch. Also in the works is building a landing gear box of which I'm getting all the parts I need.  Have looked at plenty of YouTube videos on that project. Will be cutting the box for it tonight. Managed to order flightsimparts EFIS to use with my Goflight MCP that I got from John.
Any advise will be greatly appreciated

skyline223

Worked hard this weekend to finish the backwall of the sim shell. Combining sim parts, homebuilt parts, and real parts makes for a very tedious and slow going process. Glad to say I pushed through and got it done today in honor of the Labor Day check-in!
The Boeing 727 Legacy Project
www.727simulator.com

RayS

Wrap-up of this weekend's work. Rudder pedal project nearly finished. Once it is, I can start putting everything else back together.

Also included a shot of my lovely wife waiting for me at the hardware store.

https://www.scottshangar.net/sept2018
Ray Sotkiewicz

navymustang

Not sure how many builders have looked at FS-FlightControl IOS software. My sim at home is a full scale 737-800 running P3D and Prosim. For the last four years I have been using the built in web-based Instructor Operating Station (IOS) software provided by Prosim. I recently evaluated the Gordo Instructor Station software along with FS-FlightControl. I have to say the FS-Flight is a winner when used with a rig similar to mine. Several features stand out including the mapping function, the ability to map directly to the failure modes supported by Prosim, and the ability to manipulate and display flight plans (Prosim based) entered via the CDU and then displayed on the IOS.

The installation over the weekend went flawlessly. The ability to have the IOS running on my Android at no extra cost is also great along with a web-based interface. I would be interested in hearing from others who use this as their IOS.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate