Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:46:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
726 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 726
Total: 726

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ATR 72-500 Overhead Panels

Started by NeoMorph, July 26, 2011, 12:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

Took delivery of my full set of overhead panels, autopilot ADU and EFIS from Ruscool in New Zealand this last week. Really impressed with the quality of work to say the least. My darn camera is playing silly idiots at the moment (really need a new one) but I will try to get some photos of them up here sometime this week.

For those who are building an ATR 72-500 sim I can heartily recommend these guys. Very friendly and helpful at all stages of the purchase. They even did some custom work on the fire handles after I asked for some small changes. Top class all around.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

XOrionFE

Looking forward to the pictures!

Scott

NeoMorph

There is a couple of reasons why I haven't posted my pictures yet. Found a couple of problems with the panels which are in the process of being fixed so I've got to wait for some of them to be replaced and secondly I can't make my mind up what new digital camera to buy. I used to be indecisive but now I'm not quite sure.

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

NeoMorph

I managed to salvage a few photos from my old cameras Compact Flash before it died....

This is the pile of individually wrapped panels I received...

This is one of the panels held up to the window to show how the backlighting will sort of look.

This panel below is the button panel from the glareshield. There was a couple of design flaws in this version (some slight mistake in layout) and the guys at Ruscool have already got on the job and produced a version 2 that will be absolutely tons better. It not only fixed the layout problem but the panel itself looks a LOT closer to the real thing.

I'm still experimenting with my new camera... Friend is coming over to help me this coming week so I might have some better photos then.

EDIT: Something weird with the site is not letting me expand them...

Bob Reed

Hi John, we are aware of the problem and working on it.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate