Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 02:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
715 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 715
Total: 716

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Xplane 10 Versions

Started by iwik, July 12, 2012, 02:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwik

Hi guys,
Looking into buying Xplane 10. Im confused as to what versions are what. I see different suppliers offering versions which have 8 or 9 and even 10 discs. Whats the difference?.
Thanks
Les

XOrionFE

Buy direct from X-plane site.   You want the Global version.

Scott

iwik

Thanks Scott,
Found the place which advertised 10 discs had out of date data.
Les

blueskydriver

Speaking of XP10, I got an email yesterday saying the update of version 10.10 is out and available from the Xplane website...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

Quote from: blueskydriver on July 14, 2012, 01:48:11 AM
Speaking of XP10, I got an email yesterday saying the update of version 10.10 is out and available from the Xplane website...

BSD

Just saw this also John.   Awesome,  I know what I am doing today! :-)

Scott

iwik

Guys,
Beware still buggy. Some are experiencing crashing on loading.
Cause is the Joystick routine. Im only running the Demo at present
but had to remove my 3d mouse to get it to load. Some have had to
disconnect the joystick then reconnect when xplane has started.
With update im unable to get my joystick to operate properly, something seemed screwed, no problem with previous version.
B/U previous version.
Les

XOrionFE

Yep, lots of bugs....especially joysticks

Sam Llorca

Hi guys!!! having so much issues with FSX that I decided to buy X-plane 10, and just got it yesterday, so you know what I'll be doing this weekend, wish me luck, this is NOT for the FDS sim, I'm going to experiment with it on the old sim first. any sugestions will help!! Cheers.

Sam.

iwik

Scott & John,
Have you guys found Xplane 10 to be darkish and insipid compared to FSX. Ive screwed
up Gamma to max in xplane and its better. i found to get an image similar to FSX i had
to go into Nvidia control panel and windup Gamma and brightness here but now ive got
my desktop not really how i want it.
Be very interested in your comments.
Thanks
Les

XOrionFE

Actually I feel like XPlane 10 out of the box is much more like relatity in hues, gamma, and colors to the real world than FSX is.  FSX can look pretty darned good with REX though.   What I am looking forward to in XPlane is some point when seasons are modeled right and snow as well as tropical waters and such.   Or if REX comes out for X10.   All in due time I think.....

Scott

rhysb

Scott,

I thought there was REX for X plane 10 already?

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

XOrionFE

Quote from: rhysb on July 22, 2012, 01:01:57 PM
Scott,

Rhys b

On their site it only mentions it for XPlane 9.   I am hesitant to buy it and try it out on XPlane 10 if they don't specifically state it for X10.

Kennair

Quote from: XOrionFE on July 22, 2012, 03:11:54 PM
Quote from: rhysb on July 22, 2012, 01:01:57 PM
Scott,

Rhys b

On their site it only mentions it for XPlane 9.   I am hesitant to buy it and try it out on XPlane 10 if they don't specifically state it for X10.

In a word "No".

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15838-does-rex-for-x-plane-work-on-x-plane-10/page__hl__x-plane__fromsearch__1
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate