Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 05:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
719 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 747
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 719
Total: 720

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

APU sounds

Started by dc8flightdeck, July 17, 2013, 07:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc8flightdeck

I have to be honest, this is the first time I've messed with the APU in FSX. It works fine, but there is no sound? Can real 737 pilots not hear the APU start?

Thanks,
Justin

rhysb

Simple answer is No!!

All the aircraft I have flown you can hear the APU only when the cockpit window is open and even then only if your listening to it!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Bob Reed

I think most builders would be shocked at how quiet it is in the cockpit of a modern 737. You can hear the engines, but they are in the distance.

rhysb

Quote from: Bob Reed on July 17, 2013, 03:49:35 PM
I think most builders would be shocked at how quiet it is in the cockpit of a modern 737. You can hear the engines, but they are in the distance.

Wind noise mainly!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

dc8flightdeck

Thanks. Just for entertainment value I may add a subtle APU sound that can only be heard if engines are off.

Justin

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate