Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
77 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 84
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 77
Total: 78

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSUIPC Axis Recognition Limitations

Started by ak49er, November 22, 2009, 04:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak49er

Just a really quick note about my latest resolved issues.

Precision Flight Controls PCATD Cirrus II, interfaced with BUO836X Card.

8 axis to interface. FSUIPC will only recognize Five Axis per "Joystick" (BUO836X). The Bodnar cards supports 8. So I had to use another  BUO836X card to interface my sim. Not a problem, but the two days of hair pulling and attempts to interface were a pain.

First flight last night using the PCATD, and a full TRC/Simkits C172 Panel. Took a nice flight around Anchorage to "tune" the controls.  And finished with a nice soft buttery landing at Birchwood.

It was fun, but I will be splitting up this sim to make two more. The PCATD will have two LCD's sitting on top, dispalying a G1000 panel via FS9 And Mindstar Aviation.

And the TRC/Simkits C172 panel is going with my other Desktop Aviatior componenets to make a C172 sim for my son.
FS9, FSUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD
XPlane XUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD

Boeing Skunk Works

I have never been able to get FSUIPC to recognise my throttles. It does fine withe the flaps and spoiler but will not recognise the throttle axis'.

I'm going to replace this Beta Innovations card with a Bodnar and I'm sure I won' have any more trouble.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

mpl330

Thought the max axis through a bu0386 and fsuipc is 6..... XYZ x 2...

So far FSUIPC has recognised all 6  for me - although I haven't set them correctly  :-[

Cheers
Mike

ian@737ng.co.uk

hi gentlemen.......
i agree with the 6 axes point.    my old TQ has 6 axes, all assigned thru FSUIPC from a standard BU0836 board.      you should be good to go with 6.
regards ... ian

FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Sean

Is it possible to reverse the axis assignment in FSUIPC like you can in the FS joystick assignments? My throttle is working backwards and I cant seem to resolve it in FSUIPC???

EDIT - I tried checking the REV box, but that didn't work.

ak49er

From Peter Dowson, Flightsim.com/Forums;
From an eralier, similar problem, trying to assign functions through a X52 joystick. I had issues recogninzing a dial.

From Peter Dowson, via Flightsim.com/ Forums

"It is probably not one of the 6 axes (X Y Z R U V) supported by the Windows Joystick API which FSUIPC3 uses. I have changed over to using DirectInput for the axes in FSUIPC4 (for FSX), but this is not something I can really undertake for FSUIPC3. With DirectInput you get two more axes, so possibly this dial might be one of those. I'm sorry, but it might be the only way is to assign them in FS.

So now that I see how FSUIPC recognizes by the identifiers X Y Z R U V, I will try to hook up the axis to these ports. But I did try the first combination of axis wiring with the second BUO836X card with the same results, only five axis recognized. So all is working now and I have 32 more inputs to fill.

Still have to wonder about the missing axis. :o

ak49er

Quote from: sean nixon on November 23, 2009, 03:06:24 AM
Is it possible to reverse the axis assignment in FSUIPC like you can in the FS joystick assignments? My throttle is working backwards and I cant seem to resolve it in FSUIPC???

EDIT - I tried checking the REV box, but that didn't work.

Did you delet ALL possible axis assignemnts in FS first?
Obvious but try swapping inputs at card or potentiometer.

mpl330

Hi,

Did the "missing axis" appear in the windows game controllers calibration option? The Bu0386 only shows the axis if it can sense them so if it's not visible in the calibration option perhaps there is a problem with pot??? Just a thought...

Cheers
Mike

ak49er

Well, yes, all axis in any combination, would appear and calibrate correctly through WinXP Game Controllers. But FSUIPC would not recognize all axis that were calibrated. That is the reason for all the hair pulling last week.

Boeing Skunk Works

I had the same trouble. WinXp sees the axis, but FSUIPC will not recognize them even after they are deleted from FS.

???? Probably the card, but who knows. They work fine in FS. All three of them.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate