Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 11:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
740 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 740
Total: 740

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Anyone Tested P3D v2.0?

Started by Andrew 737, November 28, 2013, 12:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew 737

To all the Pioneers out there - has anyone found time to experiment with P3D v2 yet?

Really interested in all the findings :)
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

727737Nut

Yes I did.  I messed with it for a couple of days. Has allot of promise and I am excited about it.  I am going to get a new SSD drive then reinstall it on the new drive.   

FPS is a little less than FSX but MUCH smoother. 

Scenery has no pop-ups, blurries, or flashes.

Colors look amazing and very real.  Clouds and fog are the BOMB!

Night lighting is a big disappointment, few other small bugs that will get worked out.  Once 64bit is added then you will have a winner!

Rob
737 Junkie

markfire

Nice find Les

I did find that copying over the FSX fsuipc.ini worked but no menu. I'll give it a go

Got orbx stuff installed which makes night lighting on the ground good. Have to play a bit when installing other scenery.

With all sliders maxed apart from reflections I'm getting 30fps locked with wideview, but the killer is how smooth it is!  Lots of tweaking to be done and I expect only good will come to those that wait : )

Great clouds, colours and mist effects from default.

http://youtu.be/P8t3veKpbZY

tinker27

I  got it, very stressed at the mo with it .keep reloading it trying different things , it has bugs but hopefully they will have a patch out soon , improved alot tho from p3d 1.4 ,

REGARDS

Neil

Andrew 737

Fantastic Gentlemen; thank you all very much for the Insight.

Please add more to the thread as you guys tinker.

Cheers
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

markfire

New version of FSUIPC out and fully P3D V2 compatible : )

archen

Perfect!! Will update tonight

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

Nat Crea

Just have one copy so far,  but I think it's definitely the future.
I've found a few niggly gremlins, but I'm sure time will heal.
HDR, dynamic shadows are excellent.
I've played with multiple monitors and found frames way too low,
but luckily I've got new computers to go back to the wide view route.

Nat

HarryZ

Quote from: melnato on November 29, 2013, 04:13:24 AM
Just have one copy so far,  but I think it's definitely the future.
I've found a few niggly gremlins, but I'm sure time will heal.
HDR, dynamic shadows are excellent.
I've played with multiple monitors and found frames way too low,
but luckily I've got new computers to go back to the wide view route.

Nat

Hi Nat,

I'm off to the I/ITSEC simulation conference in Orlando and will stop by the LM display centre.  Hopefully Martile Allen, the P3D manager will be there. We at Warpalizer have to get V 2.0 and make the Warpalizer software compatible with it.

Concerned that you found the frame rate too low with multiple monitors and presume that will translate to projectors as well.  Wonder if new tweaking will solve that.

Harry
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

Andrew 737

I was hoping we would not need Wideview anymore - shame!

At least the reports are positive with Wideview though - I think I'm going to get 2 more 780's!!!!

Keep the feedback coming guys; it's great to hear it from true cockpit builders

Thank you guys
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Nat Crea

GDay Harry,

When I said I'm playing with multi-monitor, I actually meant multi-projector @5760x1080 (same thing as far as P3D/Windows is concerned, display wise)

I too thought the shift to GPU would be the holy grail as far as multi-monitor performance, but its not, and P3D have admitted the performance is worse now that they have shifted most of the rendering to the GPU.  I am getting 15-20fps with 3 view method on one computer at YMML, 30 in the air. (with 660Ti )
Performance is subjective thing, I personally aim for minimum of 60fps, and multi-computer is the only way to achieve it especially with the FTX airports I use.

Curious...why doesn't Warpaliser work with P3D? Nothing else changed except for being exclusive DX11. (Immersaview worked as normal (DX7-DX11 + OpenGL compatible).

I think builders have to try for themselves to see if they are content...its only $60 and a few fun hours of testing.

Nat

Maurice

Well, here are my findings about P3d v2.  I started with a clean install on a re-formatted 80 GB SSD drive for windows 7 and a 240GB SSD drive for P3d.

I am running an i7 990X CPU at a very stable 4.7 ghz and a GTX 690 video card.

I am also running one view on three  32" TVs with a total resolution of 5760x1080

After a few days of playing with P3d, I have gone through many different emotions, from elation to despair, then despair to elation and right now, unfortunately I am back at the despair stage and here is why.

Despite having pretty high end hardware with pretty good specs by any standard, I am not able to use the many new great features offered by P3d without major stutters and OOMs. And that is with just basic P3d installation and only one addon, FTX Global, nothing else. Note that the stutters and out of memory happened even though the frame rate was hovering over 20 fps. I was simply just flying the default Bonanza around the default Innsbruck area with FTX global.

Now, I am not blaming P3d for this. It is quite possible that my dual GPU video card is really not the right card to use since P3d may not be able to use both cores. But when I looked at the CPU and GPU utilization, the average CPU utilization seldom was over 40%,  but both GPU cores were running at 100% utilization most of the time with slight dip now & then and about 60 to 70% memory utilization in both GPU cores.

I have no idea what this means but I strongly suspect that they should not be running at 100% and that is probably why I am getting such poor performance and stutters. I was almost ready to bite the bullet and buy the new Titan card but after comparing the specs, the 690 beats the Titan in every spec except that the Titan has only one GPU instead of 2.

So, at this point, I don't know what to do. Going back to FSX is out of the question for me and I don't even want to think about XP for many, many reasons.

I'm not about to spend $1000.00+ on a Titan at this stage unless I know for sure it would work much better than my 690. So, I am going to retire my sim PC for a few weeks or months until the dust settles and there are more reports of what works well and what does not.

P3d has amazing potential as far as I can see but no way to use it's full potential without an amazing video card. I could run it by lowering all the sliders but I switched from FSX because I wanted all these new features and I'm not willing to give them up already.

Anyway, please don't take this as P3d bashing as it is definitely not what I meant. I am almost 100% sure the problem is with my hardware, but which hardware is the big question now,

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

727737Nut

I'm running 2 video cards and 3 monitors, with "mystery" 737 at locked 20fps smooth.

#1 is 6600Ti driving a 42" TV at 1680 x 1050

#2 is 4600GTX driving a 19" at 1280x1024 and a 17" at 1024x768

Shadows turned off, sliders at 3/4 setting and traffic at 49%   
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate