Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:36:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
485 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 485
Total: 485

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

3 x 58" monitors or 4?

Started by solo86, September 01, 2014, 12:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solo86

Hi.
I'm going to use monitors for my ouside view in my 737 cockpit.

I'm going to use 58" samsung LEDs.

Should I just use 3 monitors with one in front of my windscreen and the other 2 at 45degree angles
or
should I use 4 monitors with 2 monitors in front of the windscreen and the other 2 at 45 degrees? Would I create a problem with views using the 4 monitor setup?

Jetcos

Usually 3 or 5 TV's.

If you use 4 and have 2 for the forward view you would have trouble seeing the runway on final. The bezels would be in the way.

3, it is as you said, center and 2 angled side views.

5 would give you 2 extra side views that could be 90 degrees from the front view.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

edward57

I have 3 X 55" LG TVs.. on my system.

I found 45deg too sharp (unrealistic view)..

I went for 1 forward view and the 2 on the side at 30deg..  then only built the front windows and 2 small corner windows
Generally from the flying position, you cannot see the top/bottom/extreme Right or Left edges (unless you lean over a fair way).
The bezels bother me, (and I look to change to projectors eventually).. but after a while you do not notice them too much.
In saying that, no-one else who has flown the sim has ever complained about the bezels.. and people still get the full effect of motion.
I used black tape to seal the gap between the bezels, so no light seepage between the screens (ruins the motion effect)

Irishguy

From that perspective it looks correct, like there are just that many panels to the windshield, if you painted the black tape grey it might blend in better?

XOrionFE

Ditto what Steve Cos said, either use 3 or 5.   With 3 58" lcd's you will be very happy.  Mine has 5 and all at 45 degrees wrapping around the nose.  45 degrees is fine but you need to make sure each screen is setup for that.  As Edward said, 45 degree angles will not look good if you are just doing one wide front view.  I use FSX and Wideview with 5 computers...or X-Plane on 5 computers networked. 

Scott

solo86

Thanks everyone.
That all makes sense.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate