Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
510 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 491
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

180 teaser

Started by ivar hestnes, December 14, 2009, 04:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivar hestnes

Just a little teaser of what to come.

Can anyone see that this is a 180 setup, projected on a flat screen? Spent one week to get the configuration done so far, and not 100% finished yet. Also a curved screen to make :)

More information to come when it is done and tested :)

Couple of teaser shots ;)

Trevor Hale

Awesome Ivar, looks amazing.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Maurice

Okay Ivar, spill out the beans and stop the teasing part...my heart can't take it  ;) . And please, don't tell me you'll be using 5 projectors and 5 FS PCs. My wife has been quite 'understanding' when I bought 3 projectors, but she may not be as 'receptive' to my needs if I spring on her the fact that I need another 2 projectors and 4 more FS PCs. In fact, this could be divorce material and I can't afford a divorce since I will be relying on her pension when I retire soon  :camp:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

>:(  Agree with Mau.......bean the spills !!!  NA-OW  :D

Jack

ivar hestnes

hehehe, you have to watch yourself Maurice. Dont want to get you into trouble with your better half   ;D

Well, I am not going to do the big explanation yet, because I still have things to correct/work out. But it is 3 projectors on one computer. Running FSX. Very high end computer needed.

But it is sooooo fun. Standing at gate, watching competitor aircraft on both sides. Starting some experiments with curved screen today. Have space issues, so it will be a mirror solution I guess. Have a few here to test with. Sol7 is also installed on the computer :)

Maurice

OK, so I get to live then even though I will be upgrading once more my FS PC even though it was handling FSX quite well.  One never has enough power it seems ;D

Maurice

jackpilot

Quote from: maurice on December 14, 2009, 10:00:33 PM
OK, so I get to live then even though I will be upgrading once more my FS PC even though it was handling FSX quite well.  One never has enough power it seems ;D

Maurice

Just revert to FS 9 ( héhé) and save a new computer.

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: jackpilot on December 15, 2009, 12:51:09 AM
Quote from: maurice on December 14, 2009, 10:00:33 PM

Maurice

Just revert to FS 9 ( héhé) and save a new computer.

Over my dead body. Come to think of it, might not be that long after all. ;D

Mau

arwinpoon

Ivar, by the looks at all the lines I can see that you are using 5 separate views window. And yes if you are using the sliders up you do need a very high end computer. It will be very interesting to see what sort of FPS you are getting and what computer setup.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate