Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:29:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
181 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Blueskydriver's New Hanger

Started by blueskydriver, August 21, 2015, 09:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

The height came out to 12'...

Added the pics from yesterday below.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Joe Lavery

What a fabulous hanger, looks like you've got the room and enough parts to build a whole 737 there John.

Best of luck with the rebuild.

Regards
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

bernard S

that is  really nice John... well done having a pallet type forklift is a god send .. are you going to have a pilots lounge for war stories? and where is the "BEER FRIDGE"?

quid246

Wow! Looks like a fun space, and so much room... a homeless person could camp out there and you wouldn't find them for months!

blueskydriver

Hey Guys,

It does look big, but I just feel like there will not be enough room. Two cockpits still not in there yet...maybe, I need to downsize? To late for making the hangar bigger or maybe, I should build another shed...see what building simulators and OCD does...uh, no wait...I am a normal person within the present company of people on this website...lol!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

simlady/ Karen

Wanted to jump in here and tell John that the hanger is Big enough and he's not getting another one.  I need a shed built to park my Truck, ATV and Case...and other out door toys.  ;D No more raking snow off the storage tents at 2 am in the winter.

The "Hanger" is coming along great and yes we have a lot of planes in there but once it's set up the way John wants it, there will be room for a "Pilot hang out area" for war stories. Don't know about a "Beer" station but there will a small kitchen with frig and microwave, got to make sure the man eats while he's living out there. (the crash pad will be out there too, don't want him sleeping on the heated floor.)

There is no Bathroom in the hanger... that way he has to come in the house once in a while.  :)

quid246

The lady of the house has spoken, sorry John you are SOL on another shed for your purposes!

Sam Llorca

John , I think you need a bigger shed! Sorry mancave!

blueskydriver

Hey Guys and Wife,

The shed is perfect, no complaints and I am so happy with it...at least until I run out of space...lol! Seriously, it is fine and once the sims get setup along with everything else getting organized, there will be lots of room. Pilot's Lounge and a well stocked "drink of your choice" fridge...notice the tact there? Got too make the Simlady happy...lol.

I do know it's going to take a while to set everything up and get the sims operational. That is the part I regret; dismantling a working sim and starting over in a sense, seems very overwhelming. However, if I can watch Scott and Rob (who both had amazing sims) go from what they had to what they wanted next (737 Classic), I know that I can do this move.

Once it's all done I plan too have an open house party and let everyone come and fly the sim(s). Hopefully, some of you can make it?

John

blueskydriver

Quick update: my B737 sim is dismantled and in the hanger and we're now cutting the bottom of the B727 that has been covered for 5 years...YES, 5 YEARS! Check out the pics.

John

jackpilot

Nice hangar.....where did you hide all that stuff before ???:D

Jack

blueskydriver

Hey Jack,

A good majority was in storage about 8 miles from our friends house and we finally got it all in the hangar. I know it all looks rather crowded and distraught, but once we get it all organized it'll look like a simulation center with 4 cockpits. The funny part is, you should see all of the rooms in our house! Garage is a mess with moving B737 sim out and moving RC planes into it, the family room is emptying of RC planes (to garage), Karen's home work station is going into family room (from living room) my work station is going into the living room, the living room is being switched around, and there are still some simulator and RC items in Karen's bedroom and the guest room. So, in other words, our whole house is being affected by this change up. We're just calling it Fall Cleaning or "be careful don't fall over our cleaning"!

Still, even though it is very hectic, we're happy too do all of this. We waited long enough for the hangar, so a little disarray is nothing now... ????

John

jackpilot

Jack

blueskydriver

Here are a few pics attached of the B727 after cutting the bottom off and just placing it in the hangar for now. It took two days using 2 Dewalt 4 1/2" electric cutting wheels, 2 Dewalt electric Saber Saws (saw-saws) with 9" metal blades, and the 12" Gas Powered Sthil Cutting Wheel Saw. Two friends, Karen and I (me just telling them what to do...) did it all, using a boom truck and Case Skid Steer...

I am so happy it's finally in the hangar...HOORAY!...6 years from the time I got it from Universal Asset Management (UAM).

John

jackpilot

Jack

727737Nut

737 Junkie

blueskydriver

Well, it has been sometime since my last update, but I spent the whole night finally getting the main circuit breaker for the hanger wired. 22 outlets on 17 circuits all at 20amp each. Plus, the 100amp sub panel just for the simulators will have 24 circuits available at 20amp each. Never again will I have brown discolored power strips/block plugs or even melting...

We put a lot of fore thought into this and I am very happy too say I have more than enough this time around. As far as building a simulator, I really recommend that your power source and circuit ratings be the first thing you figure out.

Oh, funny story relating to this... This past week I was plugging my wheelchair into the charger for the night and it uses a stand alone charger box unit. So, I plugged in the chair cord end and the wall outlet side, but nothing came on. Usually, a power on light turns on the charger, but it was not on, even after unplugging/replugging both cords. Like any bad tech person, my first step was wiggle the cords and that got it working...uh, should I say SPARKS FLYING AND SMOKE EVERYWHERE working! Yeah, then with sparks hitting me I unplug the charger from the wall; however, MORE SPARKS, and then I realized the chair cord end is still able to get power back to the charger from the 24 volt batteries, causing the continued sparks. Thus, I unplugged the chair and no more sparks.

Sadly, could you imagine this being your simulator? To think that the circuit breaker in my house did not trip was a wake up. Without ARC fault circuit breakers, this type of thing can happen, but my house does not have ARC fault types, it's just the standard type breaker. Luckily, my simulators will be using ARC fault because I removed them from the garage and put them in the hanger, but now I really need to update my house circuit breakers. I just wish the prices would drop; the standards cost $5 each and the ARC fault ones are $40 each...then again, if my house burnt down I would've thought the higher amount for the breakers would've been cheaper, even more so that I usually charge my chair at night while Karen and I sleep, so I don't want too think about how much worse it could've been.

Almost forgot, the problem was with the charger cord between it and the chair. Over the years of use the friction holder for the cord, going into the charger side, pinched into the casing, which caused the wires to touch each other and short out. I fixed the cord and it works like new, even the charger glass fuse did not blowout, so that was good, but also bad at the same time.

Things like this is why I worry more about electrical issues over anything else or maybe it's just me who has a natural love from electricity...I guess it just wants to give me a big electrifying kiss!

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate