Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 24, 2024, 06:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
111 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 115
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wiki on Grounding,Surge Protection and Fusing Basics

Started by Ridgenj, March 14, 2016, 07:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridgenj

Fellows,

I have to admit that in the past few years I learned so many things from this group and I became a better educated person. Several posts talk about grounding and fusing but in all honesty, I always thought this is for the others at an extend that I forgot to put a dedicated neutral line for my cockpit and equipment. Never is too late and Scott's W. post about his additions gave me the "gotcha".

I like to propose that we have here a simple "how to" Wiki guide related to good grounding practices, how to fuse your circuits, bus bars, power supplies and USB isolators. For sure the AWG 14 bare metal cooper line in our circuits will not provide the necessary safety. Mia culpa for being an electrical ignorant.

I know that this is a cockpit building space but we can prevent others to go the path I took.

My best

Luis

Sam Llorca

RayS

We can probably take several lessons from various disciplines. Boating is a great example, as well as car racing. Best practices on wiring, the correct wiring to use and what not to use (Did you know that using that black flexible ribbed tubing to make all the wire runs look neat and tidy is a really bad idea? Turns out the plastic is highly flammable and contributes to fire spreading at an accelerated pace.)

In all my research, Wiring best practices usually come up last, or is non-existent. This would make a great How-to topic.

Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate