Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
128 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

An amazing flight tonight...

Started by RayS, April 27, 2016, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

On a whim, decided to go thunderstorm-hunting.

Found some severe TS cells lingering over SW Ohio.

Did a few sightseeing flights around that area with:

XP 10.45
SkyMaxx 3.1.2
Real-Weather Connector

...and of course my B1900D sim. (Video to be uploaded tomorrow)

At sunset, 5000ft, what an amazing experience. Discernable squall lines, lightning strikes, and heat lightning that was illuminating the ground around the impact zone! Turned on my landing lights during initial approach and was blinded by the light reflecting off the clouds in front of me.

I never had this level of immersion in FSX/P3D.

Slowly but surely, X-Plane is killing it!

Ray Sotkiewicz

FredK

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Bob Reed

RayS

Here's the hi-res youtube version (If you could call shooting on an iPhone hi-res....)

https://youtu.be/-lwiZRlIM6U

At about 1:45 you start seeing some good lightning strikes...
Ray Sotkiewicz

jackpilot

Jack

FredK

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

AVIATor-Olav

Beautyful! The turbulence looks very realistic. I'm in the process of converting my 727-200 to X-plane. Lots of programming and reading at the moment so I haven't done too much flying yet, let alone tweaking and making it look purdy. I'm happy I took the plunge and moved on from fs9! ????

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate