Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
169 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Software Interface

Started by sacrayton, July 10, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sacrayton

I have a curious question. I am new to building, and have purchased a new MIP that is developed to run via Sim-Avionics software suite. Is it possible to interface hardware from other manufacturers who have an SIOC software compatible with Sim-A? Is FSUIPC required to make that connection? Just trying to get an idea of how things connect, and what possibilities are at my disposal.

Regards,

Stephen

FredK

Hi Stephen

The short answer is yes....SIOC based hardware will interface with SimAvionics.  My converted TQ runs a SIOC script with SimA. 

For PnP hardware just check with the manufacturer as to whether there is compatibility.  For example I am using a CPFlight MCP with SimA.  It all runs fine.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

jackpilot

My2ยข
If you are not "script" oriented or are coding challenged (like me) keep it all in the same family as much as possible.  :P

Jack

Bob Reed

And yes you will need a registered copy of FSUIPC.  :D

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate