Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
121 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

14½ MINUTES OF DELIGHT

Started by jackpilot, August 20, 2013, 01:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

We used to have "Heavies" now we have "Supers"
Even for  non Airbus Builders THIS is a treat..Enjoy in HD
http://www.wimp.com/approachlanding/

Jack

XOrionFE

MLeavy737

Nice Landing!  KABOOMM! Lol.

Cool thought :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

jetpilot

Excellent video.
I was wondering if the touch down the airplane somehow bounce back a little bit?
Roberto

Masterploxis

Hi Guys,

the video is taken from PilotsEye. The complete DVD covers the last flight of Mr. Juergen Raps who was the Chief Pilot of Lufhansa for many years and in charge of the entry program of the A380 for Lufthansa. The guy who produces the DVD is Mr. Thomas Aigner - he lives and works in Munich Germany.

And now the interesting part: My sister is a journalist in Germany and she was on the plane for the last flight to SF to write some article for a big german newspaper.

On the flight, she met Mr. Aigner and he invited her to Munich to see his office. So by chance i went with my sister to see Mr. Aigner and had some nice talks with him. He told me that he had a company before which was not very fullfilling for him. Then he had the idea to start the PilotsEye Concept and is now a happy man. He has access to the big Airports in Germany and can get really good footage. As Lufthansa agreed to put his cameras on board, other Airline followed. It is worth to buy the DVDs as you can get a lot of good informations from them. Even more, if you turn on the second audio channel - the pilots a commenting the DVD and give even more information.

Cheers
Andy

N737AG

I wish he had his videos in the iTunes Store for direct purchase and download (not through third party software)

Axel

JSchibelli

Here's another video of this flight. It's a full hour of the story of this particular A380.

*NEW* LUFTHANSA | Airbus A380 [ENGLISH]

It's a great watch.

John
"Aim too high, you'll never fly"

Follow my progress at:
http://www.project737ng.net
http://www.facebook.com/project737ng

Sean

Is it normal practice in the US for aircraft to take off across you once you've received landing clearance?

N737AG

Yes it is. Here in the USA if conditions are VMC, tower can have many airplanes with clearance to land, and clear others to take off. Separation of the approaching airplanes has already been taken care of by approach control. Visiual separation is required by the flight crew

It is different from most of the world where OACI rules apply. Under those rules only one airplane can be cleared to land. The next plane can only be cleared to land when the runway is clear of any airplane that landed or took off previously.

Sean

Interesting, thanks. Is the landing aircraft made aware of the departing traffic, or do they just find out by looking? I didn't hear any notice issued in the video.

Sean

Angus Wighton

INTERESTING NOTE: 

The crew of this Lufthansa A380 were first told to expect "vectors for the visual approach RW28L" an approach clearance that months later was given to the crew of Asiana 214 .... an approach they were unable to handle.

THE RESULT:

"FAA Places Restrictions on Foreign Pilots Landing at San Francisco"

(SAN FRANCISCO) -- The Federal Aviation Administration is no longer allowing visual approach landings at San Francisco International Airport to foreign airlines landing there, ABC News has learned.

"Apparently the FAA is seeing that foreign carriers are not able to handle this visual approach at SFO and they're no longer allowing anybody except U.S. crews to hand fly approaches into SFO," says ABC News aviation consultant Col. Steve Ganyard."

I'LL BET THE CREWS AT LUFTHANSA WILL NOT BE IMPRESSED!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate