Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:54:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
58 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n4208t

sagrada737

Great video of your flight !!!   The tour down the Strip was pretty neat.   

It reminded me of a time years ago flying into Las Vegas in a C182RG, arriving early evening.   On the Downwind approach, the controller asked me if I wanted a "Strip Rout".   I said yes, and he gave me vectors right down the Las Vegas Strip at about 1,500 feet AGL.  That was an evening to remember.

Great job on your Sim!!!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

RayS

Finally found a Beechcraft yoke with the coveted 'Switch Stack'. Bonus that it has a mechanical timepiece.

It shipped today. It'll go through a restoration and then have a permanent home in the 1900.
Ray Sotkiewicz

jackpilot

Jack

ame

Quote from: RayS on December 18, 2020, 12:47:41 PMFinally found a Beechcraft yoke with the coveted 'Switch Stack'. Bonus that it has a mechanical timepiece.

It shipped today. It'll go through a restoration and then have a permanent home in the 1900.

Nice. I've always been curious, how many positions do the two rocker switches next to the clock have, and what are they for?

I have made a copy of the Davtron M800 digital chronometer in the same, roughly trapezoidal, panel. I'd like to make a copy of the analogue one, just as shown in your photo.

RayS

Quote from: ame on December 19, 2020, 12:43:18 PMI have made a copy of the Davtron M800 digital chronometer in the same, roughly trapezoidal, panel. I'd like to make a copy of the analogue one, just as shown in your photo.

If you want, when it arrives I'll pull it apart and trace all the outlines and simply send you the document.

(I don't know what those rocker switches are for... Could be one of those "I need that in my aircraft!" requests from the pilot/owner...)
Ray Sotkiewicz

ame

No worries. I can get the dimensions from the fine photo you included. Davtron has a drawing of the trapezoidal panel with the key dimension between the mounting holes. I can scale from that.

Another picture I have found shows a single two-position rocker switch marked DIM/BRI, but from your message it sounds like these panels are often customised.

blueskydriver

Haven't done much with my flight simulator over the last few months because I've been OCD'ing about building a Lego City, as well as going through spinal cord surgeries.

However, just managed to update MSFS 2020 to the latest build...only 44.3 GB and 3 days later, it's working. The crazy thing is this computer system is working rather well for being a 10 year old Dell T7500 Workstation with dual Zeon Quad Core, a NVIDIA 2080 and a set of SSD drives.

The key to doing this though, that I believe, is lots of RAM. Put the Max amount possible of 192GB in it last year and been using it for everything from the ADOBE Suite, Video Color Editing with Black Magic software to MSFS 2020. In all areas it runs great.

Maybe, installing the max RAM possible in any machine would help with a flight simulator program over just the recommend amounts.

Anyway, going to do some flying on the desktop for now, but for 2021 it'll be time to get back to the full-size sim....

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Flew a great flight in MSFS 2020 back on the 26th and it was nice being on a desktop, but I do miss my big sim.

Anyway, it might be a little longer before I start posting about that, still got 3 weeks of healing time from my Spinal Cord Surgery on the 28th...like the flight sim, I too got upgraded...lol!

In the meantime, your posts and pics really keep me going, wait, I've said that before right...lol...oh well, I'll just keep saying it then.... ;D

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ame

Today I have pulled two Cat 6 Ethernet cables through the roof space to my patch panel. This will allow me to build a wired network in my study*, which will allow me to have a PC on wired Ethernet and an Arduino on wired Ethernet. This will allow me to experiment with UDP comms between cockpit devices (controlled by an Arduino or Raspberry Pi) and X-Plane.

I'm still not building a flight simulator, but the demo version of X-Plane should be sufficient for me to get something going.

I don't actually have the PC yet. I'm doing this on the cheap, so I am waiting for a free junk PC with sufficient capability to run the demo. One is on its way, I am told.

* Yes, I have good WiFi everywhere, and yes, I have a 20m Cat 5e patch cable I can run down the hallway, but I wanted a neat faceplate on the wall and a tidy termination at my patch panel in the comms room (aka the laundry cupboard).

ame

Also, the PCBs for my Challenger 300 FMC should be here soon. I will post details at various stages of assembly and testing.

bernard S

i added a handle to my bathroom door  only took 2 years

Joe Lavery

Well done Bernard, did you manufacture it from two spoons?
😜🤣
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

bernard S

lol yeah kinda looks like it right i think its a home depot high dollar item hence the fashion item 😅

ame

ame

Ordered a new 3D printer with a larger print bed...

iwik

ame

I have ordered a Creality Ender 3 v2, which is probably the cheapest one I can get here in NZ.

bernard S

well   i am thinking of pimping my concrete floors midnight black with chrome  flakes ?

navymustang

That way when the sim is upside down you will be looking at the night sky :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

iwik

Quote from: ame on January 29, 2021, 11:41:28 PMI have ordered a Creality Ender 3 v2, which is probably the cheapest one I can get here in NZ.
Thanks Andrew, i was hoping it was a little bigger
as i am looking for some kind sole to print a larger model that my printer can not handle.

bernard S

wow  got a price and almost fell over  will figure out how to do it myself

ame

Quote from: iwik on February 02, 2021, 07:20:12 AM
Quote from: ame on January 29, 2021, 11:41:28 PMI have ordered a Creality Ender 3 v2, which is probably the cheapest one I can get here in NZ.
as i am looking for some kind sole to print a larger model that my printer can not handle.
Even though my current printer has a small print volume I have had a lot of success with chopping the 3D model into smaller pieces and gluing them together with cyanoacrylate. I sometimes include 2mm alignment holes in the joint faces which allows me to insert short lengths of filament to act as alignment pins. The resulting part is just as strong as a printed part, and with a little sanding and painting the joints can not be seen.

FredK

Quote from: bernard S on February 02, 2021, 11:39:04 AMwow  got a price and almost fell over  will figure out how to do it myself
Bernard...

Actually I think that would look much better on the ceiling.

Like NavyMustang says....I think you have things sort of inverted.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

ame

Quote from: iwik on February 02, 2021, 07:20:12 AM
What size do you need?

My Creality is here and I've set it up and run off a test print. It works, and it looks like it will be fine.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate