Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:21:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
42 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

BAe146 TMS Construct

Started by Mach7, November 29, 2020, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Hello All,

Andrew, (ame) made a good suggestion to start a new thread outlining the construction of the TMS CDU as the original thread, (segment displays), was becoming a bit cluttered through the on-going discussion on how we would approach the segment display operation and other various bits and pieces.

We felt this would be more advantageous to someone if they wanted to build this exact same model, (assuming there are other BAe146 builders out there).

No doubt there will still be some discussion on the segment display thread as I would like to keep this new thread as clean as possible..

I have drawn up my parts using google "Sketchup", then converted into an STL file and printed using my Creality CS10 printer.

The files will be made available for whomever wants them.

So here are the first basic pictures of the build, some of these parts will be re-printed due to issues with my Creality CS10, but the basic design will remain the same.

The CDU is constructed in three parts...part one is the CDU face, part two is the tray that hold the AML 21 series switches, and part three connects to to part two and will contain a cannon plug which will provide a clean connection for any wire runs that are not connected internally within the unit.

In order to maintain the realistic look of the CDU, I have deliberately recessed the AML switches 9mm below the CDU so that the,(3D printed), buttons could connect with the switches easily for on/off operation.

The real CDU has green chevron lamp indications which illuminate whenever the system is activated by pressing the button.

As you can see, some of the switches will have internal 5mm LED installed to illuminate under button operation.

I realise there is not much information on this thread as of yet...but I will endeavour to take pictures of everything I do and post them accordingly.

Jim

Mach7

Still waiting for my 3 digit display...but here is the finished product...I give full thanks and credit to Andrew (ame) who, if it was  not for him, would most likely have never come to fruition.

enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo4b7hreeS4&feature=youtu.be

ame

Looks great! I hope the 3-digit display arrives soon.

jackpilot

Jack

Mach7

ame

jackpilot

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate