Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
62 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OEM Audio Control Panels for B737's - wiring and integration question

Started by kattz, December 27, 2020, 02:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattz

Has anyone here had any luck in integrating the OEM audio control panels?

I have two Avtech units.  I also have an older Gables B737CL unit with two cannon plugs, but the two NG(?) units only have one cannon plug on the rear, p/n 5145-1-75 and 5145-1-61.

I'm thinking that they are ARINC429 devices.  Anyone have a pinout or a wiring diagram?

Thanks.

Kev

jackpilot

Did you try Avtech first. Nothing to loose.
(Gables supplied me with pinouts on a few OEMs)
 ;)

Jack

kattz

I registered on their site today earlier, but no manuals available.  I left a message with their repair shop.  Everyone is probably out for the holidays.

jackpilot

Jack

kattz

Well...

I have the CMM's for the panels.  And for the system controller as well.

However, the sad part is that to synthesize all of the signals coming in and going out of the controller is unrealistic to say the least.  And not ARINC429.  Proprietary bus.

The simplified explanation is that the audio control panels (newer, single C/P interface, 5145-1-XX p/n's) as well as all mics, masks, PA amp, and all nav radio signals come into the system controller.  And looking at the system controller, these signals are not just an audio signal.  All have particular reference kHz, ohms, etc.

Some diagrams attached for reference.

737_audio_system_for_CB_post.png

5145-1-XX_ACP_assy.JPG

I was really hoping for ARINC429 or an easy discrete solution.

So, the next step is to decide, use these OEM panels that I have and break everything out to analog and I/O cards (that will take some serious time!), or buy a unit built for a simulator?

I know that there is a sim component maker that is releasing an almost-fully functional ACP in the near future.  However, I was told this in confidence and you'll have to wait for their press release for that one.

bernard S

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate