Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:41:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
187 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cockpit Builders Members Check-In on Labor Day Weekend

Started by blueskydriver, August 26, 2012, 02:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetcos

Checking in from Newmarket. Spent all day Saturday moving the oldest to his last year of University. Been getting that all organized all week. Sunday will be my "airport" day as I spend the afternoon watching Airshow aircraft take-off and land at YYZ.

Hope everyone has a great long weekend and if you don't,have a good weekend.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

kondrat

:) Checking in from Cambridge, Ontario. I had my "airport" today at YYZ. Nice day, nice spotting. Tomorrow a flight from HKG to YYZ with vacanada.org

Nice long weekend for everyone! In Canada we do.

Denis
Boeing 777-200LR project
http://www.flikr.com/project777

blueskydriver

Thanks guys for checking-in and please, everyone else who hasn't yet and reads this, just go ahead and say whatever you like, as long as we get to hear from you or you check-in this weekend...

This is why I love this website! All great people!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Checking in from my neck of the woods...
Having some friends for lunch . (That type of lunch starting around noon and ending at five-sixish pm. with a good crew around a long white clothed table under the apple trees.)
Good food , good wine and above all good company.
Too bad we are so far away from each other!
Have a great week-end Guys.
Jack

Jack

MLeavy737

Hey all, Just checking in here..

As usual on a holiday i have been flying the past 5 days straight. Good news is i'll be home tomorrow morning and have the rest of the day plus the next 10 days off! Also the kids are back in school so it's nice and quiet at home during the day and can actually concentrate and hear myself think :)

On the sim front.. Going pretty good, getting ready to close up the base now that im happy with the flight control tension settings.. just waiting on 2 hydraulic dampers to add and that should be it. Maybe changing out the pots as well to get phidget compatable but well see.. Its hooked up now to a USB joystick mod. Good enough for now to do some testing and flying via laptop. Also getting display screens installed because my display code is just about flyable. No fancy features yet, just the basic instruments. I'm just looking forward to getting something behind the panel!

Unfortunately i have to back off the sim and software for the next week or so as i have a sim check on the 11th and 12th. Have alot of computer based training i need to finish and plenty to review. There has been alot of procedural changes with this merger and i figure now is a good time to brush up :) Once that is done next week its full force on sim and programming !! looking forward to it! 

Oh and on a lovely note i'll be spending my 40th birthday in a sim checkride on the 12th! lol. Some here may see that as a present however i dont! lol.. Good news is i'll be done by noon or so and maybe the instructor will cut some slack :)

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend! Be safe..

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

blueskydriver

@ Jack- your day sounds great with nice weather today...enjoy it for all of us.

@ Mike- Pre-Happy Birthday for the 12th and yes, it sucks to be in a sim check ride on that day. No matter how fun it is to fly for real or virtual, you still need time to stop and smell the roses or jet fuel! Or, take your wife for "BLUE MOON ICE CREAM"!

That's right Karen and I are getting ready to drive 90 mins one way to get her Blue Moon Ice Cream. It's a little ice cream parlor at the campground she has gone too since being a little girl, so that is the only place she'll eat ice cream from. I am not complaining, they have AWESOME BLACK CHERRY ICE CREAM FOR ME!

Anyway, I am happy to see so many folks posting...please keep it going, need to hear from everyone, so don't be shy, check-in and it's all just for keeping the community alive and well...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

DaveA320

Hi All,

Dave here checking in from the Sim. Having a flight from RCTP to VHHX currently at FL350 and having a cold one  :P

Maurice

Quote from: DaveA320 on September 02, 2012, 01:49:40 PM
Hi All,

Dave here checking in from the Sim. Having a flight from RCTP to VHHX currently at FL350 and having a cold one  :P

Nice to know you are flying Dave. I thought that you would be converting your sim forever, maybe to a 737 some day  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Garys

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. Im heading downstairs to finish soldering up the F/O efis panel. A job that I have been putting off for a while so it will be nice to finish it off tonight.

Gary

Trevor Hale

Hey all, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Camping with my family and going home tomorrow. Should be an easy week I am hoping.

Hope everyone is getting some family time in this weekend. My girls started school last week so things are starting to get back to normal around here.

All the best for the rest of the weekend.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

bushman

Checking in from Northeastern Ontario. It's been a beautiful weekend here and the fish are biting. Real world has slowed down the build on the deHavilland beaver till winter, here is a sneek peek I put on youtube. A Sneak Peek of the DHC-2 Beaver C-FROB

Hope everyone is enjoying thier last long weekend of the summer. Be safe

Take care everyone
Rob  8)

XOrionFE

Amazing work Rob.  I look forward to seeing more of this.  fantastic.

Scott

blueskydriver

Still about 4 hours left of the Labor Day weekend (CST), so you can still check-in...thank you to everyone who did post; it's amazing where everyone is with their projects, great to see things are happening for so many.

Look forward to this next year, as we'll be able to look back to see where we've been and how far we all have come as a flight simulation community.

Thanks again,

John

ETomlin

Hi guys. Checking in. Its hard to post very often due to mainly the barracuda filter at work, but also due to panel building, wife, kids, LIFE! But, I do appreciate this site very much. Glad to see so many folks still here and thriving. The Learjet stuff is coming along (slower than desired at times) but it has grown nicely over the last 2-3 years. I think the community will benefit from the LJ crowd one day as we finally see there's a demand for non- big iron aircraft and it will likely grow even more.

I'm super busy trying to fill LJ45 orders, but if there's anything I can help you guys with please let me know.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

jskibo

Late check in, busy weekend.

Saturday did 4.2 (3.6 under the hood) 08C - TVC - GRR - 08C.  Another DME Arc to 28 ILS at TVC.  MSP Center kept me at 7K until LOC....Nice dive to intercept.  That 172H has a horrible cruise and burns far more fuel than spec.  Was 87kts IAS and brought it home with 4 Gal again.

Sunday I went to check out in a Jabiru J250.  Slick little speedster, 120kts on 5 GPH.  Needs a heck of a lot or rudder though.  Hard to trim, but a really nice GRT Flat Panel display system linked to the Garmin GPS.  Flight planning is a breeze......if I could ever take my hand off the center yoke and hope it held heading and altitude long enough to program it.

Passed my Instrument Ground Exam yesterday.  Time to wrap up the flying and get the checkride done.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

blueskydriver

Hey John,

Better late then never... Glad to hear things are going good for you.

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate