Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
144 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Keeping Ian's legacy alive

Started by jackpilot, February 19, 2016, 06:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Ian's site is a wealth of info for everyone.
Keeping it on line is a necessity.
I am not familiar with the ways to  keep a site alive but, if it can help:
What about creating a Cockpitbuilders.com donation  Fund to that end ?

Jack

Jack

Ridgenj

Jack, was thinking along the same lines and I am willing to donate to keep it alive. Probably Pauline will have to agree.

Ian and Tom Allensworth have been seminal for our Sim Community.
I like to propose to have a Ian Memorial Flight connected to Worldflight.

He gave so much and took nothing.

Cheers
Luis

Trevor Hale

Hi Jack, I would love to do that.  Looks like Gwyn is already heading that up though!  I saw he posted that over on the other site.  But I do not think it would be an appropriate time to go enquire about it.

Let me Just throw it out there, That If Anyone would want, Cockpitbuilders.com would Host Ians Website for no charge, and ensure it would stay around for everyone to enjoy. All we would need is someone to ask us to look after it and it would be done.

The entire community would not need to donate to make that happen, we would just arrange it.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Jack

fordgt40

Jack

Fully agree and it is a great idea. Ian`s website started me off on this hobby and I often still refer to it to check on details etc
Many thanks Trevor -  a marvellous offer.

David

iwik

Fully agree, it must be kept alive.
Les

blueskydriver

All those times I spent looking at Ian's website in the wee hours of the morning, reading and learning, always amazed at all the things he did... Yet, I cannot remember what Ian looks like. Then again, he never made it about himself, he made it about all of us who followed his dreams...

For those who visited with Ian throughout the years and took pictures, will you please honor him and post them?

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

fsaviator

I'd be more than willing to put it as a subsite under my server (http://www.b737ng-sim.com).  I don't have the time to add to it and maintain it, but it can hang there for all to access.
Otherwise I'm for donating as needed to keep it alive.  Let me know how I can help
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Ridgenj

Geremy B. is in touch with Pauline and the family. When the time is right, he could help to make sure we can keep Ian's legacy alive.

Cheers

Luis

Joe Lavery

Quote from: blueskydriver on February 19, 2016, 02:22:06 PM
All those times I spent looking at Ian's website in the wee hours of the morning, reading and learning, always amazed at all the things he did... Yet, I cannot remember what Ian looks like. Then again, he never made it about himself, he made it about all of us who followed his dreams...

For those who visited with Ian throughout the years and took pictures, will you please honor him and post them?

John

I have a couple of Pictures of Ian, the cockpit one was when I had a day at his house learning about his skills and ingenuity, which he was always keen to pass on. The others are taken from various trips he made to Lelystad.

As requested by John.

Regards Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

geremy britton

Hello, an update for you all if I may. I have spoken to Ian's close family. They have asked that instead of arranging various flower arrangements, please could donations be made to Cancer Research. In light of this, a Just Giving page is now set up to allow any of you that wish to pay your respects in this way the opportunity to do so.

The 'Just Giving' page in Ian's memory can be found here:
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/IanSissons

We hope you can all support this very worthy cause.
Best Wishes

Geremy Britton

N.B I have not yet found it appropriate to question the family on the intentions towards Ian's highly resourceful website, however we will look for a solution to this in the near future, in conjunction with the family.

blueskydriver

Thank you so much for posting the pictures, Joe and Geremy. I only wish I had the chance too meet him like you and others have...Ian was and always will be an extraordinary man who gave to us all.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Aerosim Solutions

Maybe Geremy could be the contact to approach Pauline about keeping Ian's site alive as he has Pauline's contact details I think?? I think Pauline would have an idea about the value of Ian's website content. I'm happy to join in donating something towards the cause each year for sure. Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

HuntingDmouse

always sad to hear about Ians passing since it sounds like a great resource.

i have a little over 80Gig of website space to host this at no cost if need be.

Aerosim Solutions

Hi all, I was fortunate to meet Ian and Pauline in October 2010. Ian and I spent an afternoon in his great sim and looking at a brand new Revolution throttle he was building, Ian assembled these for Revolution customers and worked closely with Erin. Later that evening went out for a meal at his favorite curry house and he would not let me pay for anything, he insisted on buying our meal. He was a fantastic guy with a very lovely wife, Pauline. An aviation fact that many wouldn't know, Pauline Sissons was an industrial seamstress and she worked for a balloon manufacturer. She worked on the high altitude balloon envelopes that carried Richard Branson around the world on his record breaking attempts, the balloon capsule is now in Duxford museum and Leonie and I went there on the same UK trip. We spent a day there and still didn't see it everything.
It's still hard to believe that Ian is gone and I will definitely be a sponsor for funding his website. It might better if we can somehow acquire the content to post on a separate website to take the onus off Pauline paying the bills. What do you think guys, Geremy?
[smg id=1214]
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Joe Lavery

To the community.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, it was done with the best of intentions when I first heard about the loss of my good friend Ian.

To make sure the fantastic work that Ian had done over the years was not lost, I captured his whole website including the structure, which is now sitting on my hard drive. It functions as normal except that the files are local not on the internet.
If someone wants to host it, all they need to do is put it in a separate directory and set a link to the index.html on their own website and it will work as it did originally. I can easily upload it to dropbox or whatever location is necessary.

As I said I did this with the best of intentions. Let me know what you think guys.

Regards all,
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

HuntingDmouse

Quote from: Joe Lavery on March 20, 2016, 06:37:07 PM
To the community.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, it was done with the best of intentions when I first heard about the loss of my good friend Ian.

To make sure the fantastic work that Ian had done over the years was not lost, I captured his whole website including the structure, which is now sitting on my hard drive. It functions as normal except that the files are local not on the internet.
If someone wants to host it, all they need to do is put it in a separate directory and set a link to the index.html on their own website and it will work as it did originally. I can easily upload it to dropbox or whatever location is necessary.

As I said I did this with the best of intentions. Let me know what you think guys.

Regards all,
Joe.

Joe,

Ive also done the same thing when i read about it the other day. and i also managed to get a copy from back in 2012 that also has more of the Boeing flight manuals that were being re-organized but were never fixed on the website.

Harry

Joe Lavery

Hi harry,

I did notice that the manuals were moved from the site some time ago, so it looks like between us we have it all.

Joe.

HuntingDmouse

Quote from: Joe Lavery on March 20, 2016, 07:16:47 PM
Hi harry,

I did notice that the manuals were moved from the site some time ago, so it looks like between us we have it all.

Joe.

Plus i have some newer versions of tbe Boeing FCOM/FCTM//QRH/OM/etc stuff .. i have Quite the collection of the Boeing ones these days. i tend to archive material like this.

trying to figure out how to make it available without running into issues with Boeing coming after me.

Joe Lavery

Quote from: HuntingDmouse on March 20, 2016, 08:38:09 PM
Quote from: Joe Lavery on March 20, 2016, 07:16:47 PM
Hi harry,

Joe.

Plus i have some newer versions of tbe Boeing FCOM/FCTM//QRH/OM/etc stuff .. i have Quite the collection of the Boeing ones these days. i tend to archive material like this.

trying to figure out how to make it available without running into issues with Boeing coming after me.

I think that's perhaps why Ian took them off-line in the first place. But I also have most of those available.

Ridgenj

Are you guys willing to share the documents via Dropbox.
Very difficult to have them in a webpage at all without Boeing's concent

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

HuntingDmouse

im more than willing to share.

send me a PM with what your looking for and we can go from there.

Joe Lavery

Same here, I don't want to duplicate what Harry sends, if you mail me I'll send you a directory listing of the manuals I have. Then you should have what you need.

Joe.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate